or Connect

Posts by KDarling

Actually, put them next to each other, and they're remarkably the same for the top sellers (see below).   It's the different numbers for "Others" and for last year, that cause the difference in "growth percentages".  
  Well, people have said for years that "Apple doesn't need to do" this or that, and yet they have.  So that argument, on its own with no other input, is invalid.   However, and correct me if I'm wrong, I think what you mean is that Apple doesn't do "cheap".  And I agree.   The key here is that people are confused about the definition of "cheap", mostly because they're used to thinking about high priced flagship phones.   I'd say that $150 is cheap.  OTOH, a $350...
  For the potential customers we're talking about, the case material is not the key factor.  The price is.   For Apple, the key factor is profit margin, as you point out.   However, they seem happy with percentages, not cash per se.   The iPad mini is a good example.  It has about the same gross profit margin percentage (~40%) as the regular iPad whose sales it cannibalizes, but a lower cash margin ($140 vs $190) per device.  It helps that the mini turned out to be quite...
  What kind of device was it ?
  Apple unfortunately bought chips from a company that did not have a license for the tech in question.   Recall that, before using Qualcomm, Apple used Infineon chips.   Infineon did NOT have a Samsung license.  Intel purchased Infineon in 2011 and they DID have a cross-license with Samsung.   Therefore, any Infineon chip designs dating before the Intel purchase, and used for 3G, violate Samsung's SEP.   That's why the ban only affects older iOS devices.
  Sure.  And then, as usual, over 2/3 will also buy a case to cover it up.     I just got my daughter an iPod 5G in that metallic green color.  She picked it out.  I thought it looked stunning.  Then she promptly got a yellow background Ugly Doll case to put over it.  Go figure.     Some people six years ago were saying similar things.   "Apple is selling over two million a quarter, why do they need more?"    Everything is relative.  What seems like a big number now, is...
  Presidential interventions over ITC decisions are extremely rare.   Apple's next best bet is with the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.    They overturn ITC decisions about 15% of the time.
  Not according to the ITC.     Samsung did what was required, which was to negotiate rates.     Samsung started off with a high rate.   Apple responded with a low rate.  All normal so far.   Samsung continued to make offers, going lower each time.  Apple refused to talk after their first response.   This made them an unwilling licensee in the eyes of the ITC.     Thus everyone has to pay for them.  (That's one reason why companies contribute them towards the...
Those two things have nothing to do with each other.   Priyanka uses a bug in WhatsApp that allows an new WhatsApp contact file to rename the current WhatsApp contacts.   Stop the app, delete its data, restart.
  It certainly wasn't a widely used phrase.  Yet it would've been generic enough to be easily understood.   Years before the iPhone came out, if you had said to a fellow smartphone owner, "I just downloaded a Starbucks locator from an online app store", she would've known what you meant, and asked you which app store... the Palm Store, Brighthand, Handango, the J2ME download site, etc.     That's why it's what the USPTO calls a "merely descriptive" term, and why they have...