or Connect

Posts by KDarling

Hardly, since at least the post is correct.   Such a tasty pastry should go instead to those who thought that App was short for Apple.  
  Apple was not the first to try to trademark that name.  In fact, they filed an opposition against another company (*) who had already been approved for "AppStore", just as Microsoft later filed an opposition against Apple for "App Store".   (*) The CEO of the other company claims he offered the trademark to Jobs, but Apple did not take ownership of his mark.  Instead they filed an opposition and their own application.      Of course not.  iPad is not (as) merely...
Now the question is, what will the USPTO do?   If you recall my previous posts on the topic, Apple's trademark application was opposed by Microsoft.   Both sides agreed to defer their arguments and the final decision, until after the Amazon trial.   Perhaps Apple will amend their application to read "iTunes App Store".
  I don't think GG is meant as a mass consumer device yet.  It's still an experiment in progress.  Complaining right now is like complaining about the iOS 7 beta.   That said, it is interesting how many people here take offense at a GG wearer possibly filming their conversation.  That seems to make its near-future use probably tend to be more as a semi-niche device.  (Translation, tourism, professional, industrial, etc)   In other words, there are lots of valid and...
I like the Nook.  However, there are plenty of eReaders out there.   I just hope that B&N itself stays in business with its brick and mortar outlets.     My family really missed Borders when it closed all its stores.  (Where we live, it had the closest bookstores by far.  B&N is much further away for us.)
  Yep, you're right.  I just bought my daughter an iPod touch 5G a few weeks ago, and all the reviews say it has the same 4" IPS screen as the iPhone 5.   Or maybe not.  Ifixit's teardown said this:   "When comparing the Touch to the iPhone 5 display assembly, it's apparent that this is a much simpler, cheaper design, despite the two having very similar functionality."   Perhaps it's just thinner, since everything about the iPod touch 5G is incredibly thin.  But if it is...
  An iPod touch would require much more than just a SIM card to become an iPhone.  At the least, it would need a broadband chip, RF power amps, RF filters, and a couple of antennas.  Plus SEP royalties.   If it was an GSM/CDMA/LTE compatible chipset, we're talking adding about $100 in costs.   Thus let's assume instead it will only be made for the plain GSM/UMTS world.  That helps a lot.  Since Apple doesn't do cross-licensing, but they'll benefit from having a lower...

That's why I included "equivalent", so that iOS users could use the same reasoning.   As I said when I wrote those stats, anyone can come up with truthful statements that sound amazing or terrible, but in reality are not so much either one.   It's not about Android or iOS per se.  It's about yellow journalism... or click-bait as it's called nowadays.   Cheers!
  Mine are progressives as well.  Obviously we'd need a special pair of GG's with a plain lens up by the video section.  (At least, for me that would work since I'm nearsighted.)     I used to wear non-matching contact lenses.... one for far, one for near.     Yep, I saw that.  He was pointing out that eyestrain doesn't make you have to get glasses.    Did you see this, which answered your question about whether or not Google had enlisted the aid of any opthalmologists?