or Connect

Posts by KDarling

While it helps, what some are trying to point out is that the initial prompt isn't a perfect solution on any OS.   This is because there are plenty of apps where on-phone local access to personal info makes sense, so the user would naturally click okay.   However, what's missing is that the user cannot know if the app will also send the personal data off-phone to some server.   It is very difficult, if not impossible, to prevent that situation, especially if it waited a...
What's interesting is how a few dollars' difference in case materials is seen by some people as the primary difference between "cheap" and "high end", even if the internals stayed the same.   If that were the only difference, then people will really start wondering why they should pay hundreds extra for some glass and aluminum that they usually buy another protective case for, anyway.   So it seems like that there would be more differences to lower the build...
  I signed up to get the report.  It uses data from their own ad network company http://www.mobclix.com/, so it's basically a self-advertisement.   The info on number of ads being seen is gathered from 33,500 apps, but they don't specify any device OS ratio, or the change in that ratio over the time period, so it's meaningless from that standpoint.   They unsurprisingly commented that the change was probably short-lived, anyway:  "We predict iOS impression share may start...
  Yes, it really is amazing how people forget that iOS apps quietly stole contact information for years, before Apple finally got around to asking the user for permission in iOS 6... whereas Android users have always had to give that permission even before installation.   The real problem is the same on both OSes, and that is that it will often make sense for the user to give an app permission to access their contacts, (supposedly in order to make it easier to send email,...
  Ha.  For the young:  Bluetooth iWatch body piercings :)   Or perhaps something like the  wearable jewelry phone concept that IBM showed many years ago:  
  I think that the definition of "enough money" is relative.     Apple went into the phone market only expecting to get a relatively small percentage, and yet that was "enough money" for them at the time.   Now when we're talking about markets with billions of potential buyers, even a smaller profit per device can become "enough"        I dunno.  At this stage of iPhone existence, customers shouldn't have to use an unpolished version for a year or two while a new UI...
  Before the show, I predicted that J. Ive would go for light / white just for that reason.    However, someone else then pointed out that Google Now uses bright colors on a white background, so apparently they're not that worried about extra power usage.
  We techies dissect these things too much.   I think almost all normal viewers would understand the ad as meaning that the USER can do more than one thing at the same time.   It's the whole point of having multiple windows on the screen, after all.  Every computer user these days understands the concept, and the ad was showing two user activities at the same time, which pretty much makes it obvious what they were talking about.
  It's a Samsung acronym..   SAFE = SAmsung For Enterprise.     Android is used by businesses, too, and the military has custom Android phones for secure uses.  But sure, Samsung was using their acronym to attract more enterprise usage.     Because it mistook the acronym SAFE for meaning "safe" in general.   That's why it lumped iPads and iPhones in with the Samsung Galaxy SAFE devices.... and threw everything else into a "non safe" section... when it was really a...