or Connect

Posts by KDarling

There's no doubt that Samsung intended to use the same basic style as an attraction.  Where that's against the law, they should get nailed for it.   As to confusing customers, it's not believable for someone to walk into a store to buy an iPhone and "accidentally" buy a Samsung instead.   It's not like they're buying a box of cereal.  For one thing, stores don't leave boxes of expensive phones laying around.  You have to ASK a salesperson for the phone model you want,...
  I didn't say it was what everyone thinks, and no one else in this thread seems to be making such an incorrect assumption.   My post was clearly was detailing only what the EUC and ITC have said, in response to a post that was also only talking about those two entities.   Both the ITC and EUC have made perfectly clear statements that they think that an injunction is allowable if a FRAND licensee is not willing to negotiate.    This is an indisputable fact, and it's why...
  They have the same ideas already.   Both the EU and the ITC have stated that Standards Essential Patent holders do not give up basic patent owner rights, such as the right to seek an injunction in the case of unwilling licensees.   The difference in the two situations is that the EU Commission is saying that just opening negotiations demonstrates willingness, even if nothing happens afterwards... whereas the ITC found that Apple demonstrated unwillingness by refusing...
  Thank you for being an intelligent reader.  That was exactly the point of bringing up those negatives.  Smart people realize that they haven't stopped users.   Likewise, negatives brought up about other stores, have not stopped their use at all, but have only been talking points for the "anti-whatever brigades".   Heck, you can't even get people riled up about the government snooping their calls.  All people seem to care about these days, is if they get their mobile...
  It's the latest quarter I could find info on.   It never ceases to amaze me how some people sit back and slam other people who actually do some research.   You're more than welcome to stop being lazy, and jump in with more... or any... data.
  Jon Ive has certainly come a long way from his early days at Apple:       To heck with Jobs.   They should do a movie about Ive... from velour rags to t-shirt riches.
    For Q1 2013, Apple is down to 57%, with Samsung rising to 41%.  
  You're correct.  The Amazon Appstore is curated, and Amazon themselves have a great reputation for customer service.   Speaking of experience when moving between stores, I think that Amazon customers would really miss the Free App of the Day if they moved to the Apple store.   As for damage to the Apple App Store's reputation, Apple has managed that all by themselves:   For example, back when they were in a rush to pump up their app count.  For a while they allowed an...
  I agree that a static grid still works, but that's not saying much.  It also worked for Windows Mobile when you clicked its Programs button.  It also worked for the Palm Pilot.  Heck, it worked for the original Mac.   I mildly disagree that no one has shown anything better, as I do think that a static grid of app icons is misusing the space.  Active icons/widgets can be very handy as little windows into an app's info / status.     Here, I'm in total agreement with you...
  Not for my uses. I paid extra for the built-in Wacom pen support.