or Connect

Posts by KDarling

You're right that the report is fairly meaningless, but here's why:   Chitika is not claiming any particular number of devices, or even percentage of devices.   Chitika is simply reporting the percentage of ads being viewed on iOS7 devices.   (People trying out the new browser would boost that percentage.  So would multiple page+ad fetches if the new browser doesn't cache very well.)   Of course, the report itself works double duty as an ad for the Chitika ad...
  Actually, Judge Koh had refused to allow pending patent reviews to delay the trial.   "For the reasons stated on the record, the Court DENIED without prejudice Samsung's Request for a Stay pending reexamination of the ’381 and 915 patents at issue in the new damages trial."   She wants everything to move forward, and if a patent is found invalid later on, then its related awards can be appealed at that time.
It's good news for Apple, but calling it a "huge win" and "major victory" seems a bit dramatic, since it doesn't affect anything yet.   On the upside, claims 14, 17, 18, 19 were confirmed.   However, claims 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16 and 20 were canceled.     Again on the upside, claim 19 is the one Apple won with last summer.   However, that doesn't mean the retrial jury will attach as much importance to it as the first jury might have....
  Bad facts are bad facts, in every case.   Just listen to the historical mistakes in this clip alone, such as Jobs talking about WYSIWYG... while Woz was still designing the Apple I.   
  I think that form-wise, Jon Ive naturally wanted to put his own visual stamp on iOS, in place of what previous Apple bosses had done.   Function-wise, a lot of additions seem geared towards attracting (and keeping) more users, by finally including a lot of features that people like in other mobile systems.... features that could've been done years ago, but which had powerful people against them; people who are now gone.   So I think a lot of it was change because they...
  Yep.  I meant that he had much more recent experience, no doubt with lots of iOS7 demos to Cook et al.   Steve Jobs taught them.  He had every phrase rehearsed and finely tuned to make everything sound more exciting.  (Or as he would say..."magical")   I used to give a lot of dog and pony shows myself, and you get really good at directing attention to the strong points, and away from things that are weak.  Jobs was a total master at this.  He worked hard on his shows,...
It's pretty clear that he's the one who gives the most demos.   Bosses don't do that.  It's the underlings who have to give dog and pony shows all the time, to keep their job or budget or project going.  
  Yep, I know a lot of smartphone owners who haven't looked at each possible setting.  Don't you?  Plus, as I said, just Google for how many people have asked what the moon icon is.   It's mostly geeks and males who explore their phone in detail, and it takes longer for each new OS version.  Heck, I program mobile devices for a living, and I stopped going through each new model's Settings a long time ago.  Too many.  No time for it any more.  Now I Google for what setting...
  And with the developer installing ads.   That's the primary reason why I don't let some apps update themselves.   (On Android, you can set auto-update permissions per app.)
  Just a note:  I use the "Rain Alarm" app on both iOS and Android.   It notifies you when rain is close by or headed your way, and you can then open it and look at the animated radar to check.  Very handy.