or Connect

Posts by KDarling

SVP Phil Schiller also gave this testimony during last year's trial in California:   "We don't use any customer surveys, focus groups, or typical things of that nature. That plays no role in the creation of the products."   However, that was last year.   I could be very wrong, but Tim Cook strikes me as someone who would desire to know what people want.  He can't afford a flop, and so might tend to take a safer path than Jobs would've.   Again, just a...
  Actually, when they leave out tablets, ad reports say that PHONE web usage is the same.   E.g.  "While third-party and our own observations have pegged smartphone Web traffic share as a near-tie, Apple has a decided advantage in the tablet market, ..."  - Chitika   This critical little fact has been left out of most fansite articles.   Moreover, the stats that lean towards iOS come from North America alone.  Get outside of NA, and the stats lean towards Android, as...
  "One billion" is six to nine months from now, and includes every Android device activated since 2008.  We need recent trends instead.   IDC says that out of 216 million smartphones sold last quarter, there were 70 million Samsung, 37 million Apple, 10 million LG, 10 million Huawei, 9 million ZTE, 79 million "other".   Earlier this year, Morgan Stanley put out this history and estimate of Samsung high end sales:   It estimates for the past quarter (1Q13e) that there...
  You misunderstand.  Nowadays with the huge sizes available, it's almost always a one-time storage upgrade.   People buy a single memory card of the highest storage amount that they want or can afford,  put the card in the device, and never remove it.  (Except perhaps when they upgrade to a newer device.)   So they might buy a phone, then put in an extra 64GB for ~$55 and the phone is "permanently" upgraded.   (I"m sure there are still some people who swap...
  Oh, in NYC.  Makes sense.  Big cities require a permit for everything :)   I did some more research.  In parts of Europe, especially in Germany (probably because of past history with agenices like the Gestapo and Stasi) many people were upset about their houses being photographed.   In the US, there was almost zero protest.  Heck, some people actually went out of their way to be ON Street View.   There was a Pittsburgh family on a private road that sued Google for...
  Of course it matters to Apple, but I can't speak for what Apple actually knows or doesn't know.  I don't think they have magic powers.  I'm sure they have to guesstimate some info just like everyone else.   Why don't you just say, that YOU believe that Apple knows what the most popular screen sizes are in every price range.   Which brings up the interesting question as to how you think they know that info.  Do they use IDC figures?  Other analysts?  Factory spies?...
  I'm kind of surprised it's that big, but I guess compilers these days find ways to use more storage .   On the Nexus...   Simpler apps such as translators, Amazon, TV Guide, Trulia, etc are in the 1.5MB to 8MB range.   Apps in the average range include Pinterest (10MB), USAToday (17MB), Weather Channel (18MB). Larger ones include Angry Birds (48MB), Chrome (25MB), Skype (23MB).   An article last December noted that the average size of a non-game app on...
  Google did not use any of that data, or even know it existed at first, and the EU officials understood all that.   So it could've been an easy case of, okay, delete the data and be more careful next time.  Itself, it was drawn out for political purposes only.  They even made Google keep the data as evidence for a while, which seems like a pretty bad privacy idea.   That said, using "overblown" in place of "hullabaloo" is fine with me :)   Sometimes when I'm writing in a...
Hmm.     On a Nexus, I've got a couple hundred apps, and they've only taken up 3GB.   So the limit wouldn't hurt for that so much.   However, I'd definitely need an SD card for video and snapshots.  I'm past 14GB for those.   And if I were a new user and filled up the app space with media, I'd be upset.  It should've come with a n SD card.
  That would be technically astonishing.  Source?