or Connect

Posts by KDarling

No sir, Samsung did not require cross-licensing.   That excerpt from the Commissioner's statement has to be read in context.All that Samsung as a SEP holder is required to do, is offer a cash price that anyone can pay.  Any other deal is gravy for both sides, and as the Commissioner pointed out, is perfectly legal.Samsung made several offers to Apple, including the 2.4% cash price, AND another offer to lower rates through cross-licensing non-FRAND...
  Please read the link in Post #78 to get some background facts.   The patent was not exhausted because Infineon never had a license for it.   --   The ITC has almost always issued bans after finding violations.  The last time the ITC did NOT implement a ban was in 1984, when it decided that blocking the import of special burn victim beds would be against public welfare.   Interestingly, the last time an Administration overturned a ban was with Reagan back in 1987 in...
  The details have been fully explained multiple times in my previous posts on the topic.  Here's the most recent explanation, which will answer all your questions:   http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/158812/senators-allude-support-for-presidential-veto-of-imminent-itc-iphone-and-ipad-ban#post_2371761
  Expensive phones don't sell well without subsidies, even in first world countries  like the US and Japan.  For examples:   In the US, Apple had to drop the price of the very first iPhone by $200 after just two months.  That boosted sales for the holidays, but then sales fell off again until the subsidized iPhone 3G came out for $199.  Then the iPhone became really successful.   In Japan, at full price, iPhone sales were just a blip for years.  Then the iPhone got...
  Yep, and Apple's high profits and sales are very dependent on the mass consumer being able to buy iPhones for around $200 or less.  In other words, subsidized.     There's an almost direct correlation between the amount and availability of subsidies, and the resulting iPhone sales share.     The good news is that means iPhones are a favorite choice when priced close to other phones.    That's why Wall Street is looking forward to a less expensive iPhone that would sell...
  Not to take away from the rest of your post, but ...   I think perhaps you're mixing up stories of early tablet R&D, with stories of the first iPhone project being based on iPod hardware.   Every history, interview, biography and trial testimony has stated that iOS was begun as an OSX port at the very end of 2005 / beginning of 2006, after Apple decided not to use Linux.   Otherwise, carry on.
  In-app ads do not come from web servers.  They come from dedicated ad servers.      Okay, but you said nothing about "no network access" in your reply to me.  In fact, I don't see you saying that anywhere in this thread, but I might've missed it.  Link?  Thanks!  
  I love my iPad, but the Samsung Note is pretty nice as well.   I like its forward facing stereo speakers, and the built-in Wacom pen.
  The young person on Twitter who was quoted at the end of the article, wrote: "Posit: devices like this look like an Android tablet to Google".   Meaning it's a guess.  He even backed up a little later on and added, "It seems to be at least possible." So let's explore it.   If a HTPC stick does come with Google Play, then it'll usually register as a "large" screen device, which means roughly about 4" to 7" (*).   So okay, it might show up on Android Dashboard as a...
  Heh heh.  Key words can get misused.  My favorite Google Glass review is this one from a girl whose boyfriend... well, see for yourself at around the 3:00 mark!   Very funny.     But watch it from the beginning for best effect.