or Connect

Posts by KDarling

As the article points out, the investigation was because ...   "... Samsung’s local advertising agency had hired the students to criticise HTC" ,,,   The question is, did the ad agency do this all on their own, or did someone at Samsung Taiwan suggest it.  If so, who?   A junior or a senior exec?
First comment:  Tim Cook pointed out that Apple was not going to leave a price umbrella over its tablets.  That's why they were willing to cut cash profits to make the iPad mini, and make it up on quantity.   Seems quite possible that he'd be willing to do the same thing with the iPhone.     One thought: Competing low priced devices do often come with similar low memory, however they also usually have a microSD slot so the user can cheaply expand to at least...
  The USPTO is interesting because it's totally self-funded and profitable.   In fact, Congress siphons off up to $80 million each year from the USPTO's fee revenues into the general fund.  (Some would rather see that money spent on hiring more examiners.)   Anything profitable like that is likely to be encouraged to continue being profitable.   In the past few years, a couple of things changed.     First, rejections now require more backing documentation from the...
  Well, not Samsung altogether, but at least the boss of that particular subdivision in Taiwan apparently thought it was a good idea.   Sounds like he's in trouble now.   Maybe he got the idea from the way the mainland Chinese government hired people to talk smack about Apple.
  Heh heh.  Don't worry. I'm sure your wish will be granted, and probably sooner than you hope ..     Seriously, I recall some very hot personality conflicts back when I was on CompuServe in the mid 80s.  This is quite often the case when debating over the sterile internet, and with strong personalities, be they old farts or young whippersnappers.   Then one day at a computer show up in Boston, a whole bunch of us ended up meeting each other.  Everyone went out together...
I wonder when Foxconn is going to begin their move into more automation?      Reportedly Hon-Hai has been planning to buy millions of robots to replace workers, in part to help bring up their profit margin.   Ah. Never mind.  Apparently they ran into some difficulties.   WSJ - Hon Hai hits obstacles converting
What I know from my own experience, is that if a smartwatch has to be recharged all the time, it quickly becomes too annoying to take care of.   In the past, that has led to colorful touch watches that last about a day, or B&W button driven ones that last longer.     Perhaps adding kinetic or thermoelectric generators might help.  Or some kind of quick inductive charger.   PS.  I think Apple would not call it a "watch", but perhaps something more like...
Just for interest, a list of other salaries at Apple:   http://www.businessinsider.com/the-highest-paying-jobs-at-apple-ranked-2012-5?op=1
  I was not trying to insinuate anything towards you, but only towards those who argue points without doing any checking at all.   I thought the "Regards" at the end would make it quite apparent that I appreciated your discussion.   Sorry if that wasn't clear.
  Good grief.  You sound like Baghdad Bob, denying that American tanks were right behind the building where he was talking to reporters.     Look just above in post #100.  The evidence is right there that the 132 page UI report from the article YOU cited, was done years after the iPhone came out.  It didn't require secrets being handed between divisions.  It just required going out and buying an iPhone, like anyone else in 2010.     I clearly said that there could be...