or Connect

Posts by KDarling

I think you have a valid point about whether the preferences are saved on device or off, although either way the information is going to be sent up at times.     Oh.  No sir.  I don't actually use adSense.   The reason I signed up for it, was so that I could see for myself what target information was available... instead of relying on internet paranoia and hearsay.   All throughout human history, the lack of knowledge has bred fear and then mob behavior.  It's much...
  Your sources are incorrect.  Which could explain where this story started.   The document you're talking about was a UI review from the Samsung SW Verification Group, which is a group in Gumi, SK, where they also put together cell phones.  They're responsible for making sure UI guidelines are followed.   The UI review group is NOT part of the Semiconductor Division as was mistakenly claimed by that ComputerWorld article.  They are part of the Mobile Division....
  Well, sure. Unless we all write thousand page essays for each post, then there will always be something we fail to mention, but which readers are expected to know.   For example, the fact that this whole thread about TSMC is based on a hearsay article in the Korea Times.     In the sub thread you're replying to, it's absolutely technically possible to prove whether or not any supposed Samsung Semiconductor Division documents were revealed at the trial.   There...
If you do decide to localize, be sure to find a good translator, especially if the terms are technical.   I remember many years ago our group decided to try to sell our handheld software to the Saudi government.  It included lots of buttons and labels with very technical terms.   So we had someone non-technical in our division who knew Arabic translate them directly over.   Well, as is not uncommon in technical fields, terms do not always translate directly over....
  If Samsung did that, wouldn't Apple have sued them over it?  At the least, that's an NDA breach and should have some penalty.   What did the component division supposedly report on?  After all, they only provided the CPU and the Flash memory, and perhaps early displays... and there would be few surprises on any of those.   They wouldn't know anything else, like case design or radios or OS / UI / app software.   I suppose knowing that they were going to, say, a lower...
  What multi-touch ideas are you talking about?   Pinch zoom?  Flick scrolling?   Those were all long known ideas.   Apple didn't invent them.   Heck, as we've pointed out before, the Open Linux movement announced them as planned features for their developer phone months before Apple revealed the iPhone.   Not to mention Jeff Han showing off at TED a year before that.   Perhaps you meant something else, like bounce back at the end of a page?  That could be copied in about...
  Um, that's the whole point of the expression:  the person doing it doesn't realize it's not in their best interests.   However, I'm willing to change the expression if it helps us get back to discussing the title article.
  Sorry, but that's not all you claimed I said.   For instance, I didn't say that I thought Apple had no concern for its own well being.  I'm quite sure that they think they do.   Still waiting for you to present your own take on why Apple is willing to leave a known good supplier.
  The photo's actually not that old, but my wife hates taking pictures so I'm stuck with it :)   At least I put a real picture up.  It'd be interesting (and no doubt revealing) if everyone did so.     Are you same digitalclips who got banned on MacRumors, then the mods called you out for making up a false story why it happened?   http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16416483&postcount=229
  Instead of putting words in my mouth, why not present your own take on the topic.   Do you think it's smart that Apple is dropping a reliable mass supplier for one that hasn't proven itself yet?   Do you agree with the original article that Apple moved away from Samsung because they thought the courts would find in Samsung's favor over some minor patents?