or Connect

Posts by KDarling

Ha.  When I was in the Army in Korea, the local businesses always tried to woo soldiers in by using familar names and colors.   The local town by 2nd Div had a place with tiny red and yellow arches, and a "Big Mac" that was a slab of meat covered by a piece of cabbage and chunk of cheese. And in Seoul at the time, there was a restaurant that called itself "House of Kentucky Fried".  (Of course, nowadays, the real thing is probably available.)   --   People have to...
As there seems to be a lot of youth resistance to the concept of a watch, then obviously "iWatch" isn't going to be a popular description.   So perhaps blogs should call it something else?  iBand?  iBracelet?  iHand?   Ideas?
  Because the parent didn't expect Walmart to keep selling stuff to their kid, after the parent had already gotten their receipt and left.   It would be quite a different scenario if the App Store had put up an alert such as "Warning!  Your account will stay open for purchases for the next quarter hour unless you click this button to stop it."   It doesn't matter if it was a kid, or your college buddy buying game credits... the owner simply had no indication or reason to...
  I usually take mine off to shower (it's more of a case of not wanting to mess up the leather band), but definitely sleep with it, since I'm near sighted and it's easier for me to read my watch held up to my eyes, than a clock display across the room.   I used a developer's Android smartwatch for about a month, and loved being able to wake up, touch the screen and see the latest weather, RSS news feeds, and my Google calendar, among other apps.  (The watch had its own...
Wow.     1/3 will be sold in China.     That's a big market.
  They seem to have different design goals.   Apple's architect's design for their HQ is a closed circle, keeping outsiders out.  It's also said to be designed so that each compartmentalized group will only know what the necessary groups nearby are doing.  Its design is all about secrecy.   Samsung's architect's design (I believe that the one shown here is for the semiconductor group, btw) expresses openness instead, inviting outsiders to view the park levels, and those...
  Or one that snaps into all sorts of third party cases and bands.
  Non-engineers act as if Samsung made the iPhone's case and software, or that Apple showed chip suppliers what a future device looks like.  They would have no reason to.   Supplying memory chips and making the CPU, doesn't give details on what a device looks or works like.   At the most, supplying a display might give a hint as to size, but even that doesn't tell you if it will get a touchscreen overlaid on it... and Samsung didn't supply screens for size departures like...
  You could try it with a simple localstorage test like this one:    http://people.w3.org/mike/localstorage.html   Also see if you find the storage under Preferences - Privacy.  (Apparently Safari keeps moving around where these things are.)
  No, you don't need a credit card to activate.  From my experience...   On iOS you need an iTunes account. On Android, you need a Google account (however, many/most current devices let you bypass this part and do it later if you wish).   Both of those can be set up without a credit card at first, on the phone itself if need be.   It's only when you try to buy something from their stores, that you need a way to pay for it.