or Connect

Posts by KDarling

They're not the same level, but they're both questions of ethics.   A code attack can affect millions of people and cost millions of dollars.   So it's usually considered more responsible to first submit the error reports and give some time to see if it gets fixed, rather than tell every idiot on the planet how to do it.   This was a publicity grab, just like that guy who claimed to have hacked NFC (but really didn't).   On the good side of things, this is much easier...
  This.  The situation is known to HTML5 developers.  The W3C also has a spec to prevent it, which just hasn't been implemented outside of Firefox yet.   As for implementation, you could also change just the port number, and HTML5 gives you another storage space set as well.     They can't steal anything.  This is just about filling up the hard drive with HTML5 storage, after which you can go to the options on any browser and delete it manually.   Hmm.  So another thing...
  The payment system that Target, Walmart, et al, are working on, is still reportedly based on NFC.   They want to control the app that does the talking over NFC, and where / how the payment comes from.
  I think it just shows how easy it is for someone to get the wrong impression if they start reading in the middle of a thread.   Seriously, you're always so suspicious.  Not everyone is out to get you.   Well, okay.  Sometimes I am.     mwuuuhahaha!   :)
  Actually, SolipsimX was not talking about the snakes, but was only defending the common user, who dasanman69 suggested was dumb for not knowing all the settings and details of what they use.     I think he just misread them.  Sometimes it's easy to do.  No need to bring up the T word.
  You should've read Taniwha's post before replying, since s/he had aleady noticed that...   ... every rule I quoted in my post about Google and Apple... including that one... came from Apple's Privacy Policy:   http://www.apple.com/privacy/   In other words, it was Apple who said that aggregated data is no longer personal information.     See above.
  I've had the opposite experience.  GMail has been terrific at keeping spam out of my inbox.   One thing I suggest to everyone is that they keep at least two email accounts.  One for signing up online like in forums or for junk sites, and one just to use with friends (yes, it eventually gets out and gets spammed, but not so much).   Another  old trick people used to use was to have something different about their personal name when they sign up for junk account sites......
  I've been posting online under my own name for over 30 years, starting with local BBSes.   Later, I was a sysop on CompuServe.  So I know a bit about proper (and bad) admin behavior as well.   When I got started on the internet (Usenet), only government workers and college kids were around.  There were still lots of flamewars, but at least the posts were usually very intelligent and well written... because otherwise the poster would get rightfully slammed :)   Something...
  Those who cry "troll" are usually one themselves, and are just trying to cover up their ignorance.     The iPad 2 user manual alone is almost 190 pages.   Comment:  it's amazing the length that some people will go to, to defend Apple.  If nothing else, this thread has revealed to all the real adults here, just who the worst fanatics and kids are.
  Yes. There are multiple companies which sell phone forensic kits, from fairly simple and portable, to having the ability to work with even half-broken devices.   Check out an example here at Cellebrite doing an extensive iPhone extraction (skip to 1:20).  Pause at the directory listing at the end to see what is available for viewing.  Basically it reads the storage while in DFU mode.     They can extract the following types of information, both existing and previously...