or Connect

Posts by MagicFingers

The cheaper drive has a 2mb buffer. They are both western digital. and I will be partitioning and using it for mp3 storage, them massive dvd files for iDVD, and for pro tools recording. as far as price, its no big deal. Im mostly cuious as to the big/small buffer.
The cheaper drive has a 2mb buffer. They are both western digital. and I will be partitioning and using it for mp3 storage, them massive dvd files for iDVD, and for pro tools recording. as far as price, its no big deal. Im mostly cuious as to the big/small buffer.
I am going to puchase a second hard drive for my QS 867. I have a 13GB 5400 HD as a second now, but would like a faster drive. So...there is an 80 gb drive @ Bestbuy with an 8mb buffer(much more money) than without this large buffer. Would the buffer make a big difference or not? Any advise would be appreciated. [ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: Jonathan ]

I am going to puchase a second hard drive for my QS 867. I have a 13GB 5400 HD as a second now, but would like a faster drive. So...there is an 80 gb drive @ Bestbuy with an 8mb buffer(much more money) than without this large buffer. Would the buffer make a big difference or not? Any advise would be appreciated.
The folders I have in the dock, (apps, games utilities,) always update when I add to the originals. hmm, I dont see the problem.
[quote]Originally posted by groverat: You tried QT on the platform that 90%+ of the world uses? You'll change your mined re: WiMP v. QT
Yes I have used QT4/5 not 6 on a windows box. It is not as nice as on Apple hardware. But, I have also seen the Real player on Windows, and it is not as nice as QT in windows. Many,well most of my friends that have window boxes use the QT player alot. Ofcourse that could be because I make many mutimedia...
I had no problems at all installing and using the software. I just dont like paying $30 for the third time in 3 years for PRO. oops, I almost sound like the kids on here bithchin about payin for anything new. :eek:
After trying all three media players with a handfull of the same movie trailors, it was a "No Contest" ! QT6 (or QT5 for that matter) is hands down the BEST player available. The quality of video and sound is untouchable by Real or WMP. I know there is a lot of content out there that requires the other players, but the world of streaming video/audio should wake up and give us the best there is available.
[quote]Originally posted by Mike Ghost: A question. What's the difference between WAV files and AIF files. Now for longest time I thought Musical CD's use AIF files, but a friend of mine making a copy of musical CD for me said she made a mistake. She recorded it as MP3 file instead of standard WAV files to play in CD Players. I argued with her saying that it's AIF files. When I research on the Internet to find out which, I found something call standard "Red Book."...
[quote]Originally posted by Mike Ghost: A question. What's the difference between WAV files and AIF files. Now for longest time I thought Musical CD's use AIF files, but a friend of mine making a copy of musical CD for me said she made a mistake. She recorded it as MP3 file instead of standard WAV files to play in CD Players. I argued with her saying that it's AIF files. When I research on the Internet to find out which, I found something call standard "Red Book."...