or Connect

Posts by Kibitzer

There's a difference between what ISIS is in practice and the propaganda it feeds to impressionable young people about what it says it is. As to what ISIS is described as being operationally, I'm inclined to give more credence to the experience of an Arab Muslim king who is walking the walk to defend his Middle East country, rather than a Canadian freelance journalist who apparently is not Muslim himself, speaks limited Arabic and does most of his information gathering...
King Abdullah II of Jordan in an interview with Fareed Zakaria GPS, being aired this Sunday morning (tomorrow) on CNN: "We are Muslims. I don't know what these people are, but they definitely do not have any relationship to our faith."http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/02/28/exp-gps-abdullah-sot-isis.cnn#
A common desire among atheists: Be allowed to live their lives without being persecuted by religious zealots or opportunists who claim religion as an excuse.
Fire his boss, too, for letting this guy embarrass his firm for at least the last three years. Of course, if your boss is your father and a Middle East sheik who owns the whole damn enterprise thanks to his oil money, well then ...
Verizon is having a childish tantrum. It just issued its statement condemning the FCC's decision - in  Morse Code. - --- -.. .- -.-- .----. ...   -.. . -.-. .. ... .. --- -.   -... -.--   - .... .   ..-. -.-. -.-.   - ---   . -. -.-. ..- -- -... . .-.   -... .-. --- .- -.. -... .- -. -..   .. -. - . .-. -. . -   ... . .-. ...- .. -.-. . ...   .-- .. - ....   -... .- -.. .-.. -.--   .- -. - .. --.- ..- .- - . -..   .-. . --. ..- .-.. .- - .. --- -. ...   .. ...   .-   .-....
Spot on. The SIM card exploit dwarfs any of Lenovo's misdeeds, and will flare into a global media firestorm today and in the coming days and weeks. Doubtless one of Snowden's most damaging exposures of NSA's activities.
Because he thinks life size beats Barbie ... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A3760901%2Cn%3A%213760931%2Cn%3A3777371%2Cn%3A3777781%2Cn%3A3777811%2Cn%3A1243837011%2Cp_n_location_browse-bin%3A2704055011&ie=UTF8&qid=1424350521
Doug, someone will no doubt come out with a fart detector app so the watch can alert you whenever you pass gas in a roomful of people. It will make up for the diminishing sense of smell common to many of our more senior population. Then you can do the right thing, such as apologizing, opening a window, fleeing the room entirely, or some combination thereof. See? A watch can help you to do the right thing!
I saw your /s but it raises a couple good points. As you probably agree, Apple does too good a job of retail chain management to get stuck with an excess of any product in the pipeline. They're quick to adjust upward or down based on end user sales. If products wind up on QVC or Overstock or Amazon or Groupon, prices usually aren't a great deal lower unless the model is obsolescent or the channel is being cleared for a newer model introduction.Trade-ins and refurbishment...
It's interesting to consider what people choose to put on their wrists. I always have been somewhat of a minimalist, and for many years I wore a Hublot Classic with the black matte rubberized strap. That's been sitting in a drawer since shortly after I got my first iPhone in 2008 and gave up wristwatches entirely. The Apple Watch intrigues me for its minimal appearance when dormant. But when it's active, what lifestyle benefits might it bring me that I don't already enjoy,...