or Connect

Posts by Kibitzer

Not exactly new. I've been using a similar product for almost a year (see http://dekke.net). The cutout on the SETA looks okay for a charging cable if you use your tablet in portrait orientation. I prefer landscape, however, so the cutout wouldn't mean much for me.
Eh? There is no "potential" of massive reward. Not anymore. That happened, but that was in the past, and that was a happy result, not an expectation, when I bought AAPL in 2008. I would have been delighted to have doubled my money over the 42 months I had the stock. I never expected to quintuple it. Conversely, I would not have been desolate had I lost half my investment. But (sigh) ... I made quite a bit of money on AAPL. All you seem to be good at is making words,...
Oh, please. Just because I didn't say the magic word "risk" doesn't mean that I didn't take it into account in late 2008. AAPL's share price collapsed by more than a third in Sept. 2008 alone during the financial meltdown. RISK WAS EVERYWHERE. The country was going to hell in a hand basket, but citizens weren't going without their iPhones, because sales of the 3G continued climbing through the roof. Apple was debt-free. Risk is always comparative, and at the time APPL was...
At the heart of the matter is growth in total return over time as a percentage. I owned AAPL from October 2008 to June 2012 and enjoyed share price growth at an average rate of slightly less than 60 percent per year, compounded. That was the time period when Apple disrupted a host of major industries with innovative products - hardware, software, services and an ecosystem that tied everything together. Apple is still at the forefront in the marketplace and innovation, but...
Starting Nov. 2, Southwest will fly round-trip from Chicago Midway through Orlando for as low as $525. Aruba is just as easy to reach as San Juan or the USVI, Saint Martin and other popular Caribbean islands.Busiest US routes from Aruba (2009–2010)[citation needed]Rank Airport Passengers Carriers1New York (JFK), New York237,498American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue2Miami, Florida209,364American Airlines3Newark, New Jersey145,448United Airlines4Atlanta,...
Wrong island. Van der Sloot was never successfully prosecuted for the alleged murder of Natalie Holloway on Aruba, a 70-mile swim from Curaçao. He now sits in a Peruvian maximum security prison for the murder of a young woman in Lima.
Dunno why not. We old farts deserve representation, too!
Agreed. I have a Sony TV in our entertainment center and Samsungs in both our kitchen and guest bedroom (only because Sony abandoned smaller flat screens). Samsung remotes rank a close second to Sony in kludge. One of our Samsungs is 22-inch and the other 24-inch, with nearly identical onscreen menus. Then why are the two remotes so remarkably different in buttons and appearance? One solution is the Harmony Ultimate, because once it's set up for a TV, the interface is...
NYT has added a correction: "Correction: August 10, 2014 An earlier version of this article misidentified Joel Podolny’s job responsibilities. He is a vice president at Apple; he is not a vice president of human resources or in charge of human resources at Apple."
I wasn't thinking about safety in the sense that you are, so point well taken.Given the vehemence of your comment, however, I have to wonder if you might be among the first to instigate one of those brawls you decry ... Hmmm?