or Connect

Posts by Kibitzer

Ah, but that makes rog35 all the wiser if he's held on, because as Ralph Waldo Emerson famously observed, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
Over the years, Sony has watched the majority of its businesses and technologies disrupted when their orbits intersected with that of Apple. Music distribution. CDs. DVDs. Walkman, Discman and personal audio and video. Blu-ray. PDAs. Cell phones. Computers. Proprietary integration of its products.   Look where Sony is today compared to what it was 10 years ago. I wonder if Sony leadership started asking themselves why they wanted to make a movie profiling the guy who...
And never let go of it for the sake of the heirs. The basic federal estate tax exemption for 2015 is $5,430,000.
She would have thought twice had she seen the capital gains tax on selling your entire holding at once.
Attagirl! Just so long as she can abide those periods when the market value might sag as much as 40%, as it did for a time within the last two years. Patience and perseverance. Long-term AAPL owners have seen how consistently strong the company's fundamentals have continued over the years, especially when compared to some of the crap that brokers and investment advisers so often tout.Diversification for diversification's sake is no way to protect a portfolio if the other...
Possibly. I might even concede that SpamSandwich and Benjamin Frost are not Ayn Rand Objectivists, anarchists or criminal psychopaths, but will reserve judgment on that for the time being.
Okay; stick with your take, but it looks like you might not have as much company as you think.http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/11/12/wonkbook-polling-shows-even-republicans-overwhelmingly-support-net-neutrality/Edit: BTW, the WaPo article links to an excellent overview on the Internet and competition.http://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/keeping-the-internet-competitive
Why don't you ask Apple why the Steve Jobs vision for AppleTV has never come to pass? Because the ISPs are fighting tooth and nail against anyone who would jeopardize their gravy train, whether that's Apple or Netflix or anyone else seeking to expand Internet consumers' free choice and access to content.
Fundamentally, you are mixing up equal treatment of access to content ON the Internet with the concept of equal access TO the Internet, content notwithstanding. There is no mandate within net neutrality that any entity - private or governmental - must provide any free or rate prescribed ability for an individual to make that first step in connecting to the Internet. There is a cost to building an infrastructure that delivers Internet data capability, and consumers pay for...
I didn't intend to insult you, but it's apparent that you're hankering to fight anybody who questions your arguments. Again. Where did you come up with the mention of taxation? Please provide any substantive information about a connection between net neutrality and taxation. Otherwise, it's reasonable to conclude that your "taxation" comment is a figment of your imagination. As to the EFF link, that is my opinion. I agree with it totally.