or Connect

Posts by Kibitzer

Deleted duplicate.
Odo has just made quite a case for selling that Apple stock he bought and lost so much money on, then kvetched about ad nauseum. Wait no longer ... take the money and invest in Samsung! (And don't let the door hit you on the way out.)
If you're satisfied with your built-in nav system, that's great. I'm happy it's working out for you. And yes, I have owned cars with nav systems and I've owned standalone auto GPS units. Based on my experiences and for my purposes, using an iPad to navigate and support other needs and interests while we're driving works best for me. Your math assumes, however, that I'm buying wireless cellular data service for the sole purpose of navigating. I'm not. I have other, higher...
One of the big criticisms of built-in car nav systems was the difficulty and cost of obtaining and installing updated map info. Meanwhile, Google, Apple, and a number of standalone GPS manufacturers offer near-continuous updates and don't charge extra. It's worth noting that Hyundai, however, is claiming that its car nav systems will soon incorporate wifi update capability when tethered to a wireless smart...
Why hypothetical? At the least, you can say that this guy has better command of English than some of the more pathetic shills Samsung has sent this way.. That should make him worth a few bucks more.
Besides, hydro interferes with the natural workings of gravity!A notable quote from the movie Network: Arthur Jensen - "You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it! Is that clear?"
More likely it will be a new entrant that totally disrupts an existing industry or industries. Apple is notable for having disrupted quite a few; personal music players, personal computing, music and visual content distribution, phones, etc. Two decades from now, it's almost certain that the leaders we know today - Apple, Google, Amazon, etc. - will be fundamentally challenged and perhaps disrupted entirely by advances that we can't even perceive at this time.
Actually, it's this: "“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22 A wonderful book, as fresh and funny today as when it was published 52 years ago. Absolutely packed with the wisdom of the absurd - underpinning the book throughout: “There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was...
Absolutely. Steve was a genius in many ways, but apparently not in employment law. If his in-house counsel knew at the time about Steve's phone calls, he should have warned him.
Being able to look one one's own for a better job elsewhere is one thing. But a pact among employers to withhold information that there are better-paying opportunities for individuals has the practical effect of collusion to reduce compensation paid in the marketplace. It amounts to price-fixing on the buyers' side. Treble damages, anyone?