or Connect

Posts by ec8or

I was also kinda looking for a MP3 jukebox player for myself, needing one now and the iPod although being the best one out there not having enough capacity. There's two I'm looking at reallly, there's the Archos Recorder thingy 20Gb and the Rio Riot 20Gb. Neither are as good as the iPod but they have capacity. The Rio Riot looks ok, it even has a dial and some special navigation system. The Archos also looks ok but is slightly older and has some quality issues. I don't...
I was just wondering I am about to go to America and am looking for a firewire hard drive enclosure for an old drive I have. I was wondering how common are these? Could I just walk into a store and buy one or should I order one online and then pick it up (I'm staying at my sister's). I am going to Chicago if that helps. Alternatively, does anyone know a good place to buy them in the UK? I can't seem to find any!
I also left a message on Apple support boards and they suggested I check the HD for bad sectors, using drive setup on booting from a CD. I also used Gauge Pro to test the RAM for 24 hours with no problems. The installation is a clean install. I've also unplugged all non-Apple peripherals. I'm gonna try and swap out RAM modules to see if I can identify a DIMM with causes it to crash. Any advise? [Hmmm]
I also left a message on Apple support boards and they suggested I check the HD for bad sectors, using drive setup on booting from a CD. I also used Gauge Pro to test the RAM for 24 hours with no problems. The installation is a clean install. I've also unplugged all non-Apple peripherals. I'm gonna try and swap out RAM modules to see if I can identify a DIMM with causes it to crash. Any advise? [Hmmm]
Wouldn't it be cool though if Apple could produce a cheaper digital camera which is compatible with SLR lenses like Canon ones or Nikon or something. Don't cameras with interchangeable lenses cost like over a £1000?
Hi, My Cube is always crashing. It used to ALWAYS crash in 9.2, like everytime it was used for more than 30 minutes or something. Then when I upgraded to OS X.1 in the hope of stopping the crashes, it still crashes frequently, not everytime but close like every three or something and once it crashes once it always crashes in the next boot in the middle of booting. When it crashed in 9.2, it just hung. When it crashes in OS X.1 though, it has writing across the screen...
Hi, My Cube is always crashing. It used to ALWAYS crash in 9.2, like everytime it was used for more than 30 minutes or something. Then when I upgraded to OS X.1 in the hope of stopping the crashes, it still crashes frequently, not everytime but close like every three or something and once it crashes once it always crashes in the next boot in the middle of booting. When it crashed in 9.2, it just hung. When it crashes in OS X.1 though, it has writing across the screen...
[quote]Hasn't anyone ever played UT on a Dreamcast? The game only costs $7.99 at Best Buy if you can find it.
Oh my god!!!!! I love that game on the DC, that game 4 player is sooooo fun!!!! Capture the flag, Domination!!!!! Even on my crappy 14" TV in my dorm. The controllers are OK, not the best, its kinda like goldeneye on the N64. I thought it was comfortable once you got used to it. The only annoying thing is that the game is not the smoothest...
I want to buy a Gamecube cause games like Rouge Leader and Monkey Ball and, even though its not exclusive Tony Hawk 3!!! I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy though. The X Box does have some cool games though and I think I heard somewhere that Sega's new arcade hardware is going to be based on the X Box which would give them many class games. I don't know why Sega's supporting MS soooo much though. It would have been sooo much cooler if they supported Nintendo much more...