or Connect

Posts by Woochifer

If there's any doubt, just wait until you're near a computer and do the iOS update using iTunes. OTA delta updates might be smaller and faster than the iTunes updates that download the entire iOS package. But, remember that the botched iOS 8.0.1 update only affected those who used OTA updates. For whatever reason, it just seems that iTunes iOS updates have been less problematic than the OTA updates.   Normally, I also restore my device as new before installing a major...
My experience has been the exact opposite (I assume that you're not using an iPhone 5s). Resprings and reboots on a regular basis until iOS 7.0.4. Been on iOS 8 from day one, and only had the first random reboot two weeks ago. That's one instance in nearly four months of daily usage. And since iOS 8.0.2, the stability and performance have been at least on par with 7.1.2. As I indicated, iOS 7 had a major under-the-hood retooling because of the 64-bit transition that did...
And yet, people forget how buggy the early versions of Snow Leopard were. Recall the infamous bug that would wipe out user data after logging into a guest account, and it broke compatibility with a lot of applications as well. Yeah, it was touted as a "no new features" release (a misnomer because Snow Leopard DID introduce several new features, most notably Exchange integration and Quick Time X). But, it was also a comprehensive under-the-hood retooling of the OS that took...
BS. The 6 Plus is anything but easy to use with one hand. Even the old Uniden cordless phones dating back to the early-80s were easier to operate with one hand than the 6 Plus, simply because they required a narrower range of motion to reach every button. If your definition of "recent' dates back over three decades, then you might have a point.
It's also the only way to get an Android phone with the best processors and up-to-date features. Consumers that want an Android phone have to take the larger screen size in order to get the high end performance and features. Anyone that prefers the smaller screen must also take outdated processors and inferior hardware. The main reason why Android OEMs went to these ginormous screen sizes in the first place was because those phones needed huge batteries to power the larger...
IMO, the 5c was a supply chain move to keep the aluminum shell fabrication from becoming a production bottleneck for the 5s launch. It shared nearly all internal components with the iPhone 5, except with a plastic shell and stamped steel frames (both of which are cheaper and faster to manufacture than CNC-machined aluminum). Migrating the iPhone 6 (or even the 5s) internals over to a similar plastic and steel body would make sense in that it maintains one production line...
And how many of those Android/Windows phones were actually "high end" and not crippled versions of the larger screened models with inferior processors and missing features? Give people a real 4" option that has equivalent performance and features as the larger versions, and see how the numbers actually line up. Up to this point, aside from maybe Sony's Xperia line, there have been no apples-to-apples choices in the market, so your claims about "the majority of people" have...
Very nice, didn't see this one coming. Rather than bumping up the monthly data allotments, they're getting creative with how they count the data. Rolling over unused data is just the latest move that adds value to T-Mobile's lower priced plans. With unlimited music streaming and speed testing, and now rollover data, a 1 or 3 GB plan on T-Mobile goes further than competing plans, even though they might now look similar pricewise. Even though T-Mobile doesn't charge overage...
The Metal API and Epic Zen Garden will run fine on the 5s if you've upgraded to iOS 8. The line in the sand will increasingly become 64-bit support, which all new App Store submittals will require starting in February.  There's not a huge performance gap between the A7 and A8, except in power consumption. So, I would expect the 5s to remain a viable developer target for quite a while. Perhaps as long as the 6 and 6 Plus remain viable, since all three models are also...
The GPUs were modified into an 8-cluster configuration, and Apple has been hiring GPU engineers at a brisk pace. The GPU modifications on the A8X seem like a modest first step similar to how the A4 and A5 built minor optimizations around reference CPU designs before the more highly custom work was unveiled starting with the A6.