or Connect

Posts by Woochifer

Home Sharing was nicer on a feature checklist than in actual usage. Could never get it to work reliably on all of our iOS devices. It would take about 10 minutes for the library and playlists to load up, and even after doing all of that, the playback would often cut out or sound choppy. Took less time and trouble to just go to the computer and locally sync a playlist.   I subscribe to iTunes Match anyway, and use either AirPlay or a media server connected through a PS3...
Yep, I started noticing the issue this morning as well. It seems to primarily affect compilations in which I designated an "Album Artist" such as DJ mixes. But, the glitch shows up in all sorts of random places. It's irritating, because with those albums I can only listen to one track at a time.   Already tried logging in and out of iTunes and toggling iTunes Match on and off. The issue persists. I'll try logging my main computer (where I store my music files) in and out...
On T-Mobile as well, and I have not seen any BSOD or random restart issues. In fact, since updating my 5s to iOS 8 last September, I've had only one respring occurrence.   The carrier update will always ask if you want to install the update. The current carrier version for T-Mobile is 19.1, and that has not changed since at least iOS 8.2 (if not 8.1.x).   I do occasionally see the wi-fi calling disappear, but that's not very often. I can usually re-enable it by...
If we follow the autonomous car rumors, Carnegie Mellon University has one of the leading robotics research teams in the world. They had recently teamed with Uber to develop self-driving cars. But, now the rumors are flying fast that Uber backstabbed their purported partner by poaching much of Carnegie Mellon's research team, and will open their own research office in Pittsburgh.   Plus, let's not forget that CMU is where the Mach kernel that underpins OS X and iOS was...
Think about how Netflix has a larger selection of titles available through their disc mailers than their streaming service, and how large chunks of their streaming titles "expire" at the end of every month. Not that far fetched to see a similar scenario happen with music.
Wonder how iTunes Match fits in with this picture. Will that end up as another abandoned Apple service, or will Apple continue to offer a music locker option alongside the streaming service?   About one-third of my music on iTunes Match is not available in the iTunes Store, and I have a lot of other high res music files that have been uploaded to Apple's servers (my transfers sound much better than the versions on iTunes). Does the transition over to Apple Music now...
Quote:Where are you getting this information? The iPhone 5 display cost $18 at the time of introduction. Are you saying that the iPod touch display cost more? And your other points about bulk pricing don't make sense either, since the iPod touch shares multiple internal components with other iOS devices. These purchases are made in bulk, and booked and paid in full way in advance. Apple's dominance of the supply chain and shared components is where their high margins come...
I seriously doubt Apple would use the 32-bit A6 processor on a refreshed iPod touch! They would likely go with the A7 at a minimum because the rest of the iOS product line will complete the transition to 64-bit this year.   Do those "really decent" smartphones run iOS or cost "under $50" without a service activation?
Apple acquired HopStop in summer 2013. HopStop was a decent app for transit directions that was available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. No surprise that after the acquisition, Apple pulled the Android and Windows versions.   With the acquisition, I thought Apple would integrate HopStop into Maps, or at least keep improving it and start aligning the app more with what they were looking to do with Maps. But, HopStop hasn't been updated since November 2013, and I...
Launch Phone app, tap "Contacts" tab to view contacts = two stepsLaunch Contacts app to view contacts = one step Like I said, it's simply counterintuitive to launch a phone app if I simply want to find someone's address or contact them by text or FaceTime them. And why should accessing contacts work differently with my iPhone compared to our iPads and iPod touches? Sounds like you got used to one way of doing something, and now presume that it should be the only way.