or Connect

Posts by Woochifer

As usual the "5c was a flop = FACT" brigade miss the fundamental point about the 5c. The ONLY relevant measure is how well the 5c sales compare with the prior year's mid tier model. And on that count, the 5c represents a year over year increase by all estimates. The other relevant angle that hardly anybody touches on (presumably because it's simple common sense) is how the supply chain factors into the 5c's introduction. It was well known that the aluminum shell used on...
And the pixels on DSLRs are larger than those used on point-and-shoot and smartphone cameras, so they don't have the same signal noise and low light issues that smaller sensors have. I guess the marketing people can point to 13MP as matching the pixel count on DSLRs (and therefore, it's just as good as a DSLR).  But, other than specs, I just don't see the point of going into that MP range for smartphones, considering the image quality tradeoffs.
Unless you plan on making jumbo-sized prints or need extreme digital zoom capability, there's minimal utility to going 13 MP on a smartphone and plenty of downside. Diminished low light performance and increased noise occur when you increase the number of pixels without also increasing the size of the sensor or making other improvements.  Then there's the issue with the increased file size for the photos themselves, considering that iOS does not allow for adjustments to...
That's high-speed.  The data is unlimited, albeit throttled after 2.5 GB of tethering.
T-Mobile already does for $70/month.  If it's that important to you, then switch.  Right now, they'll even pay for your early termination fees. If you're sticking with another carrier because of other advantages they might have (i.e., better network coverage, data speed, etc.), then you're part of the problem because you're not holding your carrier's feet to the fire for not giving you what you want. Carriers are greedy. Of course they are! But, if enough customers want...
If you must have tethering, you can either pay for it (either as a separate add-on or as part of a service plan that includes tethering) or hack your phone to get something for free that's not part of your cell service agreement.  The latter option is not something that you're entitled to, or that Apple is under any obligation to enable.  You want something for free, and somebody does not give it to you, figure out your own path. Don't ask Apple for the road map and the...
Exactly.  Anytime I see "analysts" and "higher than expected" or "lower than expected" sales, it has the stench of pump and dump.It's not in Wall Street's interests for Apple's sales to actually meet expectations, since that does nothing to move the stock price or spur a wave of transactions (i.e., commissions). This kind of report indicates to me that the actual iPhone sales for the quarter will be less than 42 million, at which time the stock will take another dump...
Low inventory is not an indicator of low sales -- just low inventory. The biggest selling point of campus stores for the longest time was the student/staff discounts, and even if something was not in inventory, the campus stores I'm familiar with would take the order and have it ready for pick up in a day or two. The campus stores carry other brands simply because not all consumers purchase the same platform (and Future Shop does the exact same thing).  Plus, other...
Back in the dark days when Apple did not have their own stores and Macs got shoved into the corner in favor of PCs at electronics stores, the campus stores were a lifeline for anyone who wanted to get a good fair demo of Apple products. With Apple opening their own stores and commanding more favorable placement at other retailers, students no longer lack for options to try out and buy Apple products.   But, if the campus stores are indeed on the way out, I think the...
No issues at my end either.  Very stable and fast.  Only two crashes since I updated my phone last Monday, and both of those occurred on an app that had already become flaky after an update.  Yeah, some of the interface changes (like with the call screens) were a step backwards. But with stability and performance, I've seen nothing but noticeable improvements.    Then again, I thought the crashes were already way down by the time iOS 7.0.6 came out. The "fade" issue with...