or Connect

Posts by iReality85

You're talking about 5.5" in total, right? Because a device with a 5.5" screen would most likely not fit so well. I think the size of the iPhone screen is great, and is the most ideal size for an open-faced phone. My significant other has a Droid X, and the thing (literally) looks like a brick in his jeans pocket. Looks a bit awkward. The iPad I can totally see having a 7" screen, however. A quick way to judge this screen size is to draw a rectangle 10cm x 15cm, as...
Concerning the supposed AppleTV, if Apple is indeed pursuing touch-based gaming on the big screen (I don't see it being any other way), who wants to place bets. I'm thinking game apps (made for and downloaded on AppleTVs) will connect to future Touches/iPhones via bluetooth, with said devices becoming fully touch-based "controllers" while the game itself is on the TV. Would be pretty far out, huh?
That would depend upon how you hold it. I wasn't suggesting eschewing the bezel completely, but I think the bezel could easily be reduced to half its current thickness and still guard against screen smudges for those who bear grip the device. Of course, doing so would require Apple to rework the iPad's internal design (shrinkage). Whether or not that's possible given the size of the batteries is anyone's guess.
I don't agree with this sentiment. If Apple were to decrease the size of the iPhone screen from 3.5" to 3", then yes you would run into UI problems. But with a product like the iPad, going from 9.7" down to 7" (or somewhere in between) would not be that problematic, IMO. I feel it would only make the experience better. Keep the same number of pixels so you retain the same resolution- only, it now looks better because you have the same picture on a screen that is (at...
As one who owns the Dell U2711, I can confidently say it is indeed a pro monitor, and is one of the best out there in the 27"-30" range. I know people here tend to turn their nose up at anything labeled "Dell," but in terms of monitors, Dell has their shit together. Very few reviews have rated the U2711 anything below a 90/100, so feel free to check out the web. It retails from Dell for $1099, but can be had for far less. I bought mine from a reseller for $899 (new,...
Pretty much the same monitor as the 24", only 3 inches bigger and more resolution. One has to wonder why Apple limits their cinema displays to the Mac ecosystem. You would think that with its external displays, they would attempt to include the masses who don't own Macs but want a premium monitor. Having to connect with a Mini DP/USB/MagSafe tricord requires you to buy a Mac first. If you're looking for a premium picture, for $999 you might as well buy the Dell U2711,...
So 0.55% have reported this issue through AppleCare. While that is one half of one percent (a small percentage to be sure), that amounts to 16,000 units. That would be the bare minimum affected if the 0.55% of those who reported to AppleCare represented 100% of the problems, but that's unrealistic. Because not everyone who buys an iPhone signs up for AppleCare, and not everyone who experiences problems necessarily reports the issues, the figure could be as high as...
Believe me, this debacle is now much more public than people on here think it is. This is no longer chatter amongst the tech blogs and geek communities. When I walked through my company's cantine on Tuesday and saw laying on the table "Consumer Reports Slams New iPhone" plastered in big bold print across the front page of the Market Place section of USA Today news, I knew Apple could not side step the issue any longer. And now Apple has taken the uncharacteristic...
Spot on. +1.
So we have...And then we have...Must be the pot calling the kettle black.