or Connect

Posts by iReality85

Wow, do you have any concept of business? A product that sells at a loss is called a loss leader, and this practice is widely employed, intensionally, across many companies and many industries. The reasons are many, but since the topic has turned to discussing the XBox 360, lets discuss the PS3. Just imagine if Sony had sold the PS3 at a price that would have "paid it's bills," according to you. The sticker price would end up being much too high for consumers to...
This is interesting. I can at least confirm that AT&T does use Alcatel hardware in the northeast (NY) from working at a previous company providing EF&I for the telcos. My uploads/downloads for about the past two weeks have been terribly slow (such as this page, even). I had just assumed it was added congestion from iPhone4 users or AT&T trying to beef up it's network.
I have to disagree. I think users have a very good idea how signal bars work. It's not exactly rocket science, as you make it out to be. Signal bars represent approxiamate signal strength, and both the signal and the receptor (e.g. antenna) factor into play. Common sense is that, if your phone is showing 5 bars and you place a palm or finger over the receptor, its not the signal thats the issue, its the receptor. Either the signal is misrepresented, the antenna is...
Ireland, you're comments are like a breath of fresh air around here, most times. I totally agree. The antenna issue is indeed alarming, and despite the fact that I can't even order my white iPhone 4 yet, I may hold off even longer due to this issue. I seriously doubt this is software related. This is part of the structural design of the phone. While it may be nice to own an asthetically pleasing gadget, it is ultimately moot if the gadget can't perform the function it...
I doubt it has to do with the durability of the white paint. Apple said that the manufacturering process was challenging, but it didn't specify how. My guess is it simply has to do with supply constraints. If one were to look at 3G/3GS sales of black and white models, I'm sure you would find that black outsells white considerably. Therefore, in order to crank out enough iPhone 4s to meet launch day demand, Apple knows to concentrate on black models. I'm sure Apple doesn't...
...or to break it down further, that's 26~27 iPads every minute. Not bad, considering the device sells anywhere between $500~$700. That's an average of $16,000 coming into their coffer every 60 seconds.
All these CDMA iPhone rumors are like beating a dead horse by now. I was a previous Verizon customer before I bought my iPhone and would love for Verizon to have the iPhone, but it just isn't going to happen while CDMA is in effect. Once Verizon switches to LTE, then the chances are good. Truth is, Apple is not going to re-tool and produce a CDMA iPhone. Not when CDMA is on the way out. And sure, Apple produces a specific model for the Chinese market (which I believe...
It's more like $2600-$2700 by the time taxes are figured in. But anyway, who judges the cost of their cellphone over 2 years? Most people view it over the span of 1 year, as they do the rest of their bills. Moreover, the real cost of the iPhone is the opportunity cost of choosing the iPhone over other options (as it is with all products). The iPhone itself (lets say the 16GB model) only has a cost of about $50, because most good smartphones start at $150 and up. As...
All I have to say is, there better not be a single white iPhone 4 in that 600,000 figure. I'm quite miffed that Best Buy was allowing (supposedly legit) pre-orders for them. Meh.
They better not. That's total bullsh*t. I, like many other thousands I'm sure, clearly saw on the web that Apple was not taking pre-orders for the white iPhone 4. Since Apple wasn't, then that automatically extends to 3rd party retailers as well. Sorry, but any reservation that was made for a white iPhone 4 placed through Best Buy etc should be voided. It's bad enough that I am having to wait to pre-order the white model after Apple gave no indication of a supply...