or Connect

Posts by iReality85

In all due fairness though, Dr. Soniera in the article stated that the iPhone's screen isn't the best there is, in fact, it fails quite miserably when other picture qualities are factored. In terms of color accuracy, OLEDs are more accurate by far, mainly due to there being no back light, so colors appear more nature. Whether colors appear over saturated, under saturated, gradated or not, those factors are largely determined by the internal rendering capabilities of...
Much of what you listed, besides being taken straight from Wikipedia, were concerns a couple of years ago when OLEDs were just starting to gain press (clicking the citations will take you to web articles written in early to mid 2008). The half life of blue LEDs have improved considerably since then due to new organic phosphor mixes being used to create the "blue" emitted light. I also think you read the power consumption wrong. OLED consumes 40% less power to display...
You're correct, I should have said software in my second point. As I semi touched upon in my first point, there is no doubt, in my opinion, that OS X goes out of its way to hamper Flash. If Flash can run fine on Windows and PC hardware, there's no reason why it shouldn't run fine on OS X and Mac hardware. As hardware between the platforms is mostly similar, the answer has to lie within OS X or at the very least Safari, although I admit I am not knowledge about the inter...
You purchased a Mac. Mac's cannot handle Flash well, and this is widely known. Yet, it is a pastime for Mac users, and those who are on these forums, to berate Adobe. So who's fault is it? Is it Adobe's, for not bending over backward to the whims of Jobs, his needy customers, and the obstructiveness of OS X? Or is it your fault, for making the decision to buy a product you knew full well does not support Flash- a rich media format used extensively throughout the web? ...
Sorry, but you have it backwards. Newspapers have been gleaning their information from online sources for several years now, not the other way around. Think I'm wrong? Just go read a morning or afternoon news story on any influential news website or blog, and then watch cable news tonight. Same stories, just several hours later. Then go pick up your local daily paper and flip to the U.S./World section the next morning. Same stories, now a day later. Repeat ad...
An association, yes, but also irrelevant and off-topic. Your indented remark makes little sense too, as what defines "cheap?" Not working as intended? Based on this article and people's frustrations, you could include the Airport Extreme in the "cheap" category then.
... uuuuh except he wasn't commenting on the MacBook Pro vs. other brand notebooks, he was talking about the AirPort Extreme vs. other brand routers. Different products, different uses, different functions. Think before you post, really.
Well put, and although I agree that Microsoft should provide a "classic" view for Word and Excel, I find the ribbon to be a huge improvement. Granted I am only 25, but having used MS Word since its inception (over half my life), it is so nice to not have to drill down into the text menus where a particularly useful function would be placed in a relatively obscure location (Excel '03 and older, I'm looking at you). I really began using Office 2007 at my job over 2 years...
Quick! Get your Disney App before it goes back into the vault! But seriously, why is this even news? Or surprising that Disney would praise an Apple product? Disney and Apple are two peas in the same pod.
*shrug* A picture is worth a 1000 words. IMO, I doubt that the picture was deliberately distorted to disfavor the iPhone. As an iPhone owner (and I presume you too), its fact that the iPhone's screen washes out at that angle (as many LCDs do). Since its well known that back lit LCDs tend to wash out at acute angles, the angle of the photo is valid, no? I sure hope Apple joins the AMOLED brigade. There's no reason why companies within the next 2 years shouldn't be...