or Connect

Posts by thesmoth

The reality is actually opposite to what you say in this post. For iOS, it's VERY easy to pirate apps. All you have to do is jailbreak and get installous and you're laughing. You can get any app, no problem, and work almost always. With android, you have to try and hunt down apps on torrent websites, with most of them not being available, and when they are, most of the time they don't work (formatted for a different CPU/GPU, different resolution, etc.). So with android, I...
The iPad is FAR away from a laptop replacement. It cannot yet really do anything well enough to replace a laptop. Even simple web browsing is faster and more efficient on a laptop, AND You can watch flash videos (actually a big deal). There are a lot of sites I frequent that require flash, so the argument that it isn't a big problem anymore is completely false. The iPad is an expensive toy and all I see on these boards are people desperately trying to justify their...
That is the worst, most biased writing i've ever heard. It just drips of apple fanboy. I think the gist fo the review is correct, just written poorly and very biased sounding.
Oh man, I forgot how painful it is to read these forums. A bunch of 12 year old fanboys rabidly defending apple products with no sense or logic. I've been browsing some 'real' forums for a while now, and coming back here makes me loose faith in humanity for how much blatant stupidity is flying around.
iPad 2 in april/march, and then in september iPad 2 with optional retina display (extra $100 or whatever). They did that with the macbook pros. They gave an option of an upgraded screen and it wasn't some big even or release, and the rest of the computer didn't change. Also it would be a great 'one more thing' for the iPod event, and since the iPad is literally a big ipod touch it's a perfect time.
This is BS. Stop thinking like a shareholder like most of the appleinsider crowd, and start thinking like a consumer. Ram is dirt cheap, and the retina display would be the single biggest improvement you could POSSIBLY make to the iPad. 512 megs of ram not enough for a retina display? How about Apple stops cheaping out and puts in 1 gig like everyone else in the world? Ram is dirt cheap, what is it going to cut into their profits by a few cents?
Yes I read his post. OK compass you could see as a minor improvement, but video recording was something dumb phones had for YEARS. It was a running joke that the iphone couldn't record video and they were just fixing a mistake and adding something that should have been included with the original iphone. And yes, a retina dispay is the biggest feature you could add. Putting a front and rear camera in are features, but nothing like a retina display. I would bet that a LOT of...
Sure, but you gained absolutely zero functionality. You are using the exact same apps, just a bit smoother, you are playing games a bit faster, you are getting a few basic software features that the phone should have had in the first place, which the old phone also get through an iOS update... It's totally limited by the app store ecosystem because they aren't going to start maxing out the new hardware for a year or two, so unless new functionality is added (retina...
This is my take on this. 1 - BEST) Apple includes the above rumoured specs, along with a retina display, and keeps the same price. Everyone is blown away and happy. People need to realize that the ONLY thing apple can include that will really be a big upgrade and blow people away in a retina display, everything else is minor. It's not like PC's where the second new hardware is released, there are already games/programs coming out that need something better. Everything...
Thanks for the tips. That is a good idea about the 7 inch tablets!