or Connect

Posts by DJinTX

Hi all, I am trying to find the absolute best deal on a 2014 MacBook Air 13 inch (8GB ram, 256GB) with AppleCare.  I am closely watching the Appleinsider deals page as they show the Macs + AppleCare bundles at Adoroma and B&H, and currently they have this MBA + AppleCare for $1330 at Adorama (basically $219 off).  However, I have never bought anything through them before, so am a bit cautious of their return policies or customer service after the sale.   I am also...
  Moments?  Plural?  No way, that's way too long, they'll whine for sure about that.
  Yeah but Lemon Meringue sounds like a real option, whereas I wanted to go for comedy/absurdity in order to belittle their efforts.  Chicken Noodle Soup just sounds funny.  Oh wait, I have a beter one... Frozen Corndog!!!   :)
I'm not sure why their naming schemes bother me so much, but they just seem lame.  I cringe every time I picture their executives in a board room brainstorming new OS nicknames.    Oh well, instead of fighting it, maybe I should just help them out for the next one.  They seem to like three word foods, so I am thinking the next one should be called... Chicken Noodle Soup.
To Tallest Skil, Daekwan and Vaelian (and others to a lesser degree):   Not sure if this debate will fade out from here or if there is still good material coming, but I just had to say you all totally made my day.  I love good discussions like this that are full of tech knowledge and personal opinion, presented with correct grammar and intelligent thought.  Most threads here devolve into stupid fanboi-isms (if they didn't start that way from the beginning). You...
Actually, even though I had the impression that people in the UK hated the new maps, I heard back on my MacRumors post from a UK man who loves it.  I'm not really sure of the pattern here, but I am guessing it depends on what you use it for.  I agree though that coverage is key.  Houston seems to have good coverage also which works great for me.
maybe I am missing your point, but you are saying that Apple maps should have known this address was fake and not go looking for it, yet initially Apple maps didn't find it.  However, the other mapping engines did go looking for and find this "fake" address.  This sounds very backward.
I figured some of you out there might be on the fence about updating to iOS 6 because of all of the back and forth about maps in iOS 6, so here is my experience... I had planned to upgrade my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 the day it became available, but got busy.  Well as you know then came the flood of complaints screaming about how the new maps app was a downgrade and unusable.  So after this I decided to wait a bit to see how it all shook out. Since then I kept reading...
This is interesting.  I had no idea this could work.  What about using TiVo in this type of setup?  As long as you pay the TiVo service fees would it be able to record correctly, or woulf the program information be incorrect?  Or actually, I guess you might still need a cable card if you have a TiVo premiere? 
Agreed.