or Connect

Posts by DJinTX

It's a good question. I'm not really sure. My guess is that since the 3G and 3Gs had plastic backs and they didn't exhibit this "buttered bread phenomenon" that the iPhone 4 type design with a plastic back wouldn't either, but you never know. Of course I would prefer the back be curved aluminum like the iPad 2, os not sure if this changes the outcome or not.
I think the upgrade time frames are not as static as you think. I got my 3Gs in September 2009. When the iphone 4 came out Summer 2010 (a bit less than a year), I was already eligible for a full upgrade. I think if you remain in good graces with your carrier you would be eligible for upgrade much sooner than two years (at least with AT&T anyway, can't speak for sprint or verizon). Of course you do have to sign a new 2 yr contract when you upgrade, but you would have to...
Yes, you are exactly correct.
Off-topic...but it is crazy how much these two phones look like the 3Gs and iP4. If i were a judge, Samsung would be in big trouble.
I agree with most of what you said. Analysts are pretty much useless. However, I will say that there are sensible reasons to want a redesign. Aesthetics definitely play a role, but these aesthetic changes would also enhance usability. The iPhone 4 (and now 4s) look really beautiful, but in my opinion could be better in some ways. I don't care so much about a larger screen, but would be okay with it if it didn't increase the overall size of the unit too much. ...
Steve's faith in Tim Cook was "proven" when he specifically recommended the Board choose Tim to succeed him in his letter when he stepped down, so this has already been done and checked off the list. With regard to Steve's health, Apple has never been interested in proving anything. Steve took leaves of absence when he wanted, he disclosed what he wanted to about his health (which was very little), he announced the products he wanted even when on medical leave, and he...
Why is it so strange that he prioritizes a larger screen and/or a new enclosure over internal speed bumps only? It is not necessarily a superficial fashion statement for everyone who thinks this way. Maybe the speed of the iPhone 4 is good enough for his needs. But maybe he thinks that the iPhone 4 enclosure is too squared and not comfortable to hold. And maybe his eyesight isn't as good as yours and could really use a larger screen. And, maybe he doesn't like a...
You could be right, as I have no knowledge how far along Apple is with iOS. However, if iOS is ready in time for Tuesday, then I don't see why they can't let developers get caught up on their own time. As long as the OS is complete and works with Apple's apps well, then I don't mind if third party apps don't work with assistant right at launch. Some developers probably won't ever add this functionality. So I don't think Apple needs to wait. Apple should release the...
Apple has definitely had it's share of growing pains related to software. A prime example is iOS 2.0. That turned out to be very buggy and took several updates to fix. Many users were not at all happy. Apple has gotten much better since then, but the Summer of 2008 was a really hard time for them. Apple combined the rollouts of iPhone 3G, MobileMe, iOS 2.0, the App store, and were about to rollout SnowLeopard, and all if these things spread their resources very thin....
So you are betting on a lengthy "delay" between announcement and launch? In the past it has always been about 10 days between (not counting the original iPhone of course). It should be launched on Oct 14th if they are on their usual schedule.