or Connect

Posts by DJinTX

You seem to be pretty much on target with what I am saying. I don't dislike glass per se, and it feels good compared to plastic, but you are correct that I want improved durability. I definitely am not lobbying for them to get rid of the glass front, so I am good there. I agree that there are always some disappointed people when new products come out, but it just seems different this time. It seems as though the wants and needs are varying a lot more this year, but...
There is no disparity in what I said. Me wanting an iPhone 5 has nothing to do with how well it may or may not sell. For me, it depends entirely on how well the new phone meets my needs. Right now my needs are for a non-glass back, an improved antenna, a more curved design, and for it to remain as portable as it is now. I also need a new phone in terms of replacing my current aging 3Gs (slow performance & short battery life). The new phone likely won't address all of...
Clearly, as stated, I am waiting on the iPhone 5 because I have complaints about the iphone 4. When you say that you do not think I "have" to buy another iPhone, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, so you'll have to clarify so I can answer. As for what you want and what I want, there are differences and some overlap. As mentioned, I do not want an iPhone 4s. But like you I also do not want a huge screen. In fact I am happy with the current 3.5 display size. ...
I have no doubt that many are very happy with their iPhone4. They sold like hotcakes, of course massive sales do not predict future reliability or happiness necessarily. I am not saying that these people are actually unhappy with their purchase. I am just saying that it is not the right purchase for me. I love a lot of the things about iPhone 4, including it's solid feel and minimalist design. It looks amazing. But for me it has some aspects that I want to see...
The facts are that glass (even gorilla glass) is fragile, and I'm not interested in having a phone that has so much of it as its outer casing. Also, there was no hoax related to the antenna. The external antenna was an innovative design that had some downsides, and affected different users to varying degrees, depending on whether or not they used a case. I am also not interested in having a phone that requires a case to minimize the downsides of the antenna.My reasons...
Just so that I completely understand your comment, you are saying that my reasoning for not getting an iPhone 4 is because I am afraid of it's potential shortcomings?
I can't buy an iPhone 4 now for the same reason I couldn't when they launched. Glass back panel and antenna design. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I wonder how much time there usually is between getting the FCC ID and Apple sending out invites to the event. I am so sick of waiting at this point. If my 3Gs weren't sucking, I would have given up on the iP5 long ago.
Make no mistake, Steve has known of this plan for months, and so has Apple. He confided in his biographer, and likely made him sign an NDA. He probably didn't tell him the time frame of resignation, but they discussed it at length and it was not added at the last minute. It all makes so much sense now. Steve is not the kind of person that would have authorized a biography while he was still in the thick of things at Apple. Sure he will still be chairman of the board,...
Obviously there are as many rumors as there are iPhone users, so no one knows anything. However, for the sake of conversation let's say that this article is for the most part accurate... If there will be 2 new iPhones (a less expensive phone based on iP4, and a new full feature iPhone with a slightly larger screen), then it seems clear that if either of these devices would be called an iPhone 4s, that it would be this cheaper one. My opinion? The new flagship phone...