or Connect

Posts by DJinTX

Being immersed in internet services is what my Mac is for. I want my phone to be a quick, convenient, and portable access point to my information while I am not home, and for the hardware and UI to look great. I do not expect, want or need to be immersed in the internet on my phone.
I wouldn't worry about it. There were plenty of 3G phones on the market before Apple took the plunge and it didn't affect them negatively at all. They basically waited until they could get it right, and this paid off. The change to LTE will be the same. Apple needs to stay the course and wait on LTE until it is power efficient and until the network is much more widespread. It's too immature right now, and most users are just fine on 3G speeds.Oh, and there is...
To be fair, kfury didn't necessarily ignore the word "upgrade". The iPhone5 upgrade could be literally bigger and have a larger screen, or it might be "bigger" in the sense that it completely diverts from the iPhone 4 design. Only Apple knows for sure. But, either way, just because kfury wants a larger screen, doesn't mean he is interpreting this headline as "News Flash! The iPhone 5 will have a HUGE screen!"
If Apple does away with the external antenna (or improves it), and gets rid of the back glass panel (or makes it stronger), plus delivers this thinner more rounded design, then this is plenty of reason to upgrade. A larger screen is not needed or wanted for most users. My pocket and I agree that if they can stuff a larger screen into the current size, then it's all good. Or if they only minimally increase the external size ( a couple of millimeters). But in no way do I...
That would be hilarious. But it won't happen.
I'm sure you are right on this. I read way too many blogs/rumors on Apple. I will say though that while blogs and rumors can easily be wrong, there are usually some sources that turn out to be correct. Sometimes this is coincidence, and sometimes it is due to leaked info. The hard part is knowing which rumors to believe. Personally, I believe that a 16 month refresh time (instead of the usual 12 months), along with both real and perceived antenna issues and the...
This is a good step forward and a nice surprise for a Monday. I hate having to go get my MacBook to buy an episode. So much better to just stream it from Apple instead directly from my ATV. Nice job Apple. Now just add CBS and NBC. And while we are on the subject, why not original programming from HBO and Showtime? Yes I could buy these channels from the cable company, but why not just let me rent/buy the episodes I want directly from ATV? Why do we need the...
I think you need to take a step back, and breathe, and realize that you don't even know what the phone will look like yet. The leaked cases may not be based on the right info or the right device. But even if they are, different case manufacturers have differing levels of quality, and the phone that fits into said cases may not be as bad as you are expecting. Wait and see what Apple brings to the table. Now, if your anticipated disappointment is stemming solely from the...
After seeing pics of these "clones", two questions leap to mind... 1. Did the designer base the design of these phones on the schematics of the recently leaked cases alone, or is it based on insider access to the real phone? 2. If this is based on the real phone, what is that back material made of? I have to say, of all the mock-ups posted the last few weeks/months, this phone looks far and away the best. I hope this is a copy of the real iPhone5. If so, then I am...
Personally, I think the addition of iCloud, that just so happens to coincide with iPhone 5, is a pretty huge transition.