or Connect

Posts by Downpour

The 3GS is a great phone... In many ways I prefer it to my 4S. It feels much nicer in my hand without the sharp edges of the 4S. It even 'looks' thinner. My wife dropped the 3GS from about three feet onto concrete and there wasn't a mark on it. I don't think my 4S would fair the same. The only thing I can get Siri to do reliably is call people by name... and the 3GS can do that. I have a very clear english accent, but it still mishears me about 80% of the time,...
Yeah, just read the Bible, that is full of "blanket, misinformed, statements of attack". Religious leaders are trying desperately to stay relevant, in a world that is beginning to realise they have been lied to by these crackpots for the last few thousand years. Apple's products bring people together, allow them to communicate across the planet and gain instant access to all of human knowledge. Maybe that's why this guy is so scared of them, religion has only survived so...
This doesn't bode well for the cloud... If they can't even keep their own website up.
It's no wonder the prospect of selling Windows appealed to Ballmer... He acts like a dodgy double glazing salesman.
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
I know there is only one version of Lion. I was being sarcastic. Yeah the problem is, on my Macbook at least, there is a long delay while the system tries to format the dictionary text into that annoying pointless popup that is attached to the word. On SL it would instantly open a new window with the full definition, wikipedia articles etc. You can still get this on Lion, but you have to open it from the popup definition that appears by the word. Basically the whole thing...
Not on my version of Lion it doesn't.Previously you could bring up the dictionary definition of a word from the right click menu, now that just highlights the word in yellow... so you then have to click the word again... which brings up an annoying popup window with some of the definition visible... if you then select the word AGAIN in this popup... you can finally bring up the proper dictionary window like you had in SL.It's really annoying....oh, yeah and what the hell...
ASDL routers manage to be backwards compatible with older versions this would be adding an ADSL modem (in addition) to the existing option of using an external modem for cable connections.If dodgy chinese manufactures can do this and still sell routers for next to nothing, I'm sure Apple could do it. Apple dropped 56k modems because nobody used them anymore... Lots of people still use broadband.Nobody is suggesting taking that away. Just making it unnecessary for a large...
Sorry if I was unclear, there are so many possible configurations it is difficult to put into words.Normally if you are setting up wireless (in the UK at least) there are two types of wireless router you can purchase:1) A cable router like Apple provides (the cable modem is separate and comes from your supplier).2) An ADSL modem router (this includes the modem and can plug directly into the phone line.)Apple devices like the AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule, don't include...
ADSL2+ is backwards compatible and Fibre would just use the ethernet connection surely?Fibre is years away for most of the UK.My point is... why not make a device that everyone can use (as a standalone device for most of them), instead of just limiting it to cable users?It seems wasteful plugging a wireless adsl modem router into a wireless Apple router, when all you really want is one wireless device, that combines the functionality of the two. The only visual difference...