or Connect

Posts by silverpraxis

I don't think you even need to go through the Apple Store app to access the "free" app. I was in the regular ol' App Store and the app was already marked as free.
  There are already so many subsidies, loopholes, and deductions written into our tax law by politicians for personal friends and professional lobbyists that only the poorest individuals and smallest businesses among us pay the regular tax rate. All the fluff of our tax code needs to be fixed at the same time or before any regular rate reduction occurs. That way larger corporations that took advantage of the broken tax system would pay only slightly less, while smaller...
It's very nice that the G20 summit agrees with some common sense international tax law fixes. However, getting each country, especially the US, to actually pass new tax law that would effectively increase corporate taxes owed is a pipe dream at best and a political hot air balloon at worst.   In the USA, one side will claim the international community is attempting to "take over" their sovereignty and that any new tax law like this is anti-business and would...
  First, I don't believe stock price is a good indicator of a company's success or failure as the stock market is an utter gamble based on the unstable emotions of investors/speculators and the wildly unpredictable events of the outside world.   Second, Cook never increased the iPhone's screen size because he's only been in charge since after the finalization of the iPhone 5. You clearly have no grasp of recent history.   I can't comment on iCloud as I don't use or follow...
  I'm sure from the base model to the maxed out model will be in line with pricing for the current model. One cpu (6-core) unit will be $2500, dual cpu (12-core) + whatever else they throw in will be $3800. If they are able to reduce the base prices before options, all the better, but as a layperson I don't see how they could.
  The only problem is sometimes you have to vote with those dollars BEFORE they downgrade your app. How do you take back your vote after a bait and switch?
Wouldn't a 5,120 x 2,880 display be correctly termed a 5K display (since apparently we can't go by the vertical pixel count after 1080p)? I'm already hearing Tim Cook's marketing voice in my head, "We're introducing the first commerically available 5K display. Apple Thunderbolt 5K Display."   Cue Resolution War II.
    Or, you know, a happy medium between individual freedom and collectivism, which I believe is what our civilization is all about. One side argues for a little more collectivism while the other argues for a little more individual freedom. We need both.
I don't think the email is the problem. I think the DoJ is trotting it out as an ancillary argument to the main one, which is: Apple negotiated with the major publishers (separately or together, who cares) to sell books on iBookStore for $12.99 or more with terms that states if they sold an ebook on Apple's store, they couldn't sell it for a lower price on a competing online bookstore (therefore raising the price for those books on Amazon, etc.).   I believe that is...
  I believe that is what the US does already, unless someone has a source that proves otherwise?     Thank you.   ---   And to those arguing for a flat sales tax, HA! You think there isn't a reason that taxes are spread out over sales, estate, corporate, individual income, cap gains, etc., etc. It makes it harder to dodge taxes owed. For example, if you removed all taxes but a flat sales tax, what prevents someone from under the table sales or international sales. Someone...