or Connect

Posts by silverpraxis

I was excited about this revelation until I really thought about it. If you can push the game to your iPhone/iPad/iPod, how the hell are you going to port the controls for the myriad of games? Even if the app is iPad only, is Sony going to standardize controls for all games? Are the game developers going to have to factor in controls for each platform the game "senses" it's being pushed to (PS Vita, iOS, Android, PC, etc.)?   Unless it's just a spectator mode or Sony...
I think you mean "naturally selected." Because all the woman with thorns down there would never produce offspring and pass on their thorny genetic material.:-P
      Your argument is flawed. Obama received 93% of the black vote in 2012 and 95% in 2008. But look back just one election prior, in 2004, when John Kerry took 88% of the black vote. Historically African Americans vote overwhelmingly Democratic. So the difference is 5-8% more of the black vote for Obama. The black vote only makes up about 13% of the countries total voting population. 5-8% of 13% equals >1% of the entire voting population. So even if that percentage...
  A French person buys an iPod made by a Chinese person, why does Apple deserve to profit from that? Do you see the hyperbole now?     If B&M stores can navigate 50 different states' sales tax systems, online stores should be just as nimble.     I agree with anatksundaram, but only because other businesses are forced to collect sales tax. Online stores should also have to collect it, or otherwise allow B&M businesses to stop.   Yes, sales tax is arguably the most...
  While I'm not like the lefty trolls on these boards screaming for Apple to "pay their fair share" (a disgusting political soundbite that makes anyone that parrots it seem like they let others think for them), I am a liberal, and I do believe that Amazon was exploiting a hole in federal/state/local tax code as a business model for profit. They could undercut any B&M business and they did. I truly believe they had a hand in bringing down many physical businesses, at least...
  Regardless of how Apple and Samsung differ in reporting "units sold/shipped," I believe the article is stating IDC estimates market share based on how many shipments they see leaving assembly factories and component manufacturing facilities. They can use Apple's numbers at face value because those are the actual numbers. They can't use Samsung's or Amazon's or B&N's numbers because those companies don't release the number of tablets or the number of Android smartphones...
If we take these numbers for fact (I won't get involved in that debate), Apple has nothing to worry about at this point. Apple's increase in sales of 7.8 M units is larger than the increase in anyone else's sales, including the Other category. Percentages of sales should only be compared for Apple's growth percentage vs. total market growth percentage. While Apple's gain is lower than overall market growth, that is to be expected as multiple new players enter and flood...
  Yeah, responsible parents should tell their kids to start buying their own clothes too, and pay some goddamn rent while they're at it. Damn freeloaders. /s   Granted, there are some parents out there that spoil their kids to the core, but there has to be a middle ground between that and making them pay for all their entertainment.   Just like there is a gigantic gray area between what you stereotype as the hardcore gamer, living in their mom's basement completely...
  I wasn't commenting on what was 'best' for Mac or PC users regarding software preference. I was commenting on the erroneous statements being assumed by some that MS is forcing subscription pricing on consumers using Office, which is utterly not the case. And I was providing advice on sourcing multiple news/blog outlets before jumping to inaccurate conclusions. That was all.   I wasn't endorsing or disapproving of Office for any use case.
This article and many people here are forgetting that MS is still offering Office without a subscription plan:   Office 365 = $99/yr Office Home & Student = $139 Office Home & Business = $239 Office Professional = $399   You can still pay a 1-time fee to "own" your software if you so choose, but you only get a license to use it on 1 machine. Office 365's subscription gives you a license for 5 machines, 20GB of cloud storage in SkyDrive, and updates to the...