or Connect

Posts by silverpraxis

Meanwhile, 100 years ago:   "telephone" networks are the most anti-social invention of all time. Go out, talk to real people instead of having an address book full of moochers that only call you when they want something.   My point: It is what you make of it.
  First, you're saying competitors will regulate each other's behaviors in a free market and to an extent that is true. That's how our current system works with some exceptions, good and bad. The flaw in that argument is quite apparent when looking at history. With a governing body in place like the real world has at present, corporations pay off said governing body to their advantage. Now let's remove that governing body. The same corporations will just pay off their...
 In a truly free market, there is no regulation. That means corporations would have to self-regulate, for which they have a poor historical record. We have laws created by lawmakers we elected to represent us for the most part as a reaction to wrongs previously done. Why do you think we have a minimum wage? Why is slavery outlawed? Why are their antidiscriminatory regulations? Why are their anti-monopoly laws? Why were work unions originally organized (regardless of what...
If government didn't exist, someone or something else would fill that vacuum of power. Personally, I'd prefer the semblance of representation we have now in the US rather than corporations that are run by unelected CEOs who choose their own successors and only look out for their profits. At least with representative government, the people choose for better or worse their own leaders. It's not a prefect process, nothing is, but it is far better than allowing people that...
^^ This.Are people really questioning the noise rain makes on a glass roof? Is rain deafening when you're driving your car's windshield through a storm at 70mph? Nothing to worry about folks.As for heat, and I may be wrong but, I think the one-sided convex shape of the "lens" roof actually spreads the light radiation out rather than focusing it on a single point. Again I may be wrong, but it's probably double paned as way.Finally, I wouldn't be surprised if its comprised...
Isn't that the underlying problem with the stock market? Any company that goes into the market so people invest in it, invite exactly what Apple is getting: wild speculation.   Honestly, Apple is to be envied with the way analysts speculate about the company. They only talk about Apple like this because Apple has outperformed almost all expectations (even wild ones) for years. I do believe Apple has come to a saturation point though, where everyone expects insane results...
Seriously? No really?   First, Apple advertises multiple great competitors!   Second, one of the previous commenters points out possible evidence of breach of terms of Google's service by this pulled app.   Third, I get you're upset that Apple replaced classic Maps with the new Maps app, but that doesn't mean every move Apple makes now is against your personal best interests.
  While I'm sure it costs less, I do wonder how much it costs for lockable cash drawers, a cash-drop safe with multi-user access keypad, and an armored truck service to pick up the dough once a week.
At first, I was thinking this information couldn't possibly be accurate because how could Apple as a platform have 33.4% marketshare, and then later Samsung claim the #1 spot at 25.9%.   Then I realized, the lower graph includes NON-smartphones as well. Damn, Samsung and LG must see a TON of dumb phones. How much do they even cost?
  No, it would just be better to round to the nearest integar. iPad "98%", Tab "2%", Other "Within margin of error"