or Connect

Posts by silverpraxis

To all those playing devil's advocate and say all the reports that have come out over the years stating iPhone/iPad have 90+% web traffic share compared to their rivals, Google could straighten all this out if they only released their substantial analytics, you know, being one of the largest online/mobile ad companies in the world.   Google's had a few years to do this, yet they haven't. Maybe the news isn't good...
 That's funny. The B&N I visit at least once a week does have a few Nook tables set up in front as well as a salesperson, but they never bother me with more than a greeting. The other 90-95% of the store still seems to carry the same books, periodicals, music, and movies. Look, my anecdotal experience cancels out yours and the world is in balance again.
 You do realize across almost all industry and services new customers get better deals than long-term customers. For example, studies have shown people that stick with the same insurance company for years pay much more on average than newer customers.   So when people play the loyalty card, "I've been with your company for XX years," blah blah blah, I just laugh. Companies are interested in getting new customers so they create incentives such as introductory rates, no...
What's with the abbreviation of the states? Did two different people write this article? (Penn. vs Pa.) Why couldn't you just use the standard 2-letter abbreviations?   I usually don't point out grammar errors, but this is an inconsistency and could easily confuse people unfamiliar with US states (that includes people living in the US unfortunately).
OMG, if Apple can push out new iMacs and Mac Minis, FY01/13 is going to be huge. But if they could manage to get out a smaller iPad as well, I don't think there's enough money on the planet for the Apple sponge to soak up.   I'm not exaggerating, I don't think there's enough discretionary income in the market for too many products at one time. I think Apple will hold off any iPad announcements/releases until at least January, if not March as normal.
The better server farm to handle these orders I think is what made it sell out so fast. I remember when I preordered iPhone 4, the servers were down at 12am, down at 7am, down at 12pm, and then up for about 30 mins around 4pm. There was a flurry of FaceBook updates with all my friends preordering at the same time I got through as well. With this new system in place, they reserve a phone for you even if they can't get through to the carrier servers. Boom, less downtime,...
So much for these things being overly expensive, lol.
Maybe they ran out of launch day phones so fast because Apple's servers could actually handle the demand this time, even if AT&T's couldn't.
I can't believe I'll be missing Day One pre-ordering, all because my car is in the shop with cost of repair to be determined. Sadness. I guess I can wait a month or two right... right... 
 Good thing CA requires front license plates, lol. If that was even the reason for the suspects return...