or Connect

Posts by silverpraxis

I'd love to see Apple go private again. I know it would take years for Apple to buyback all it's stock and I know Apple would have to find some way to incentivize top employees to stick with the company, but wouldn't it be glorious not to have to bend to the whim of revenue and profit seeking shareholders (within and outside the company).
 It is 100% speculative, as you well know. However it is educated speculation considering missing financial earnings is viewed as bad news and iPhone launch day numbers are viewed as good news. If Apple waited until October to release iPhone 5, their 4th quarter financial report would have been bad news in the middle of what should be the great news of iPhone launch day sales numbers. No one would want bad news in the middle of good news. So I feel my speculation is...
There's no doubt Apple is going to push as many phones as humanly possible in the Sept quarter to boost their financials. Imagine if the launch date was Oct 1. That happy date would be marred with a tragic (by Apple standards) quarterly financial report.   Apple stopped attending MacWorld conventions because they didn't want to be forced to have a deadline for new products, and yet they still have forced deadlines because of shareholder demands.
  I'm not trying to make it more difficult. As I've tried to say many times now, the article is poorly written and seemed to contradict itself. Read the article:       First the article says iPhone 5 is first to market with A15. Then it says Samsung's Exynos 5 uses A15 similar to Apple's A6, giving the impression that Samsung is making chips similar to Apple's first to market before Apple has even released their phone. Finally it says Samsung, TI, and Nvidia use A15, and...
No, the article isn't really clear about anything! It speculates the iPhone 5 is the first product(?) or smartphone(?) to ship with an A15-based core architecture, however it only points to a different article that speculates the same thing as proof. Next, the article later says that Samsung, TI, etc. are making A15-based chips too. It does NOT say those companies have only announced those products with mass production scheduled for a later date.   This article is all...
Both inductive charing and NFC are non-critical features and don't really bring solutions to the table. Maybe if NFC is more secure than a standard CC, then it could be useful, but I'm sure it'll bring it's own negatives to the table as well. 
What did I say that gave an air of superiority about Apple products over non-Apple products? And what does posting on this forum have to do with the same?
Lol, if you add something to a chip that no one else does, that kind of makes it custom. Qualcomm is only unique in that it doesn't license the CORE architecture so they HAVE to design their own cores, therefore custom cores, therefore not an A9 or A15 core based chip. You make it sound like Qualcomm has some sort of privilege that no one else does, but really it's just they want to design their own cores and no one else does right now. Any other company, Apple included,...
Qaulcomm doesn't make custom ARM Cortex A-anything chips because they don't license the core architecture from ARM, they only license the instruction set. They design their own core architecture, therefore, they aren't A9 or A15 based chips. That's not to dog them, some say that their S4 chips may be technologically more advanced than A15 cores. But it's kind of hard to judge at this point. Might be better to say they are running near parallel in performance.     They...
Chips released in the future will beat chips that are currently being produced. Wow!   Thanks for fulfilling my prophecy.