or Connect

Posts by BR

Here's a nice rundown by Soledad O'Brien.   Link fixed.
The ACA does not cut $700B from medicare.  It's an absurd accusation and a tacit admission by the Republicans that they cannot defeat Obama if they run on reality.   Let's say I go to the same restaurant every day for lunch and it costs $10.  I make a deal with the restaurant stipulating that if I guarantee all of my friends will also buy lunch there every day, my lunch will only cost $5.  I used to pay $10.  I now pay $5.  I still get the same food.     Would...
You don't even want a floor, though, so why would you make that same passive-aggressive comment you always make whenever someone badmouths libertarian pipe dreams?  Your means and methods do not aim for such a floor nor provide any means to safeguard one.  Are you taking out the cognitive dissonance between your libertarian ideals and the teachings of your alleged savior on me?
Your means and methods have zero chance of producing a floor like that.  Zero.
I don't have a problem with inequality of outcomes as long as there is an outcome floor.  No one, regardless of circumstance, should go without food, shelter, safety or healthcare.
I'd go for that.  Universal healthcare, the pursuit of knowledge through scientific reasoning, and a distinct lack of a ruling class to siphon away all the gains in worker productivity.  I'll take it.
I see the tactics of divide & conquer have worked quite well on you, SDW.  Hate on the unions and get angry at the union members' benefits.  You fall right into the elite's trap.  The obscenely wealthy take the vast majority of the cookies and then point at the union or minority worker and shout, "He's taking more than his fair share!"   Scott Walker admitted that divide & conquer is the Republican strategy.  Sadly, it worked in Wisconsin just as it has worked on...
I present to you folks SDW, the unwitting train passenger.  It's not a laughable notion whatsoever.  The fact that you would just dismiss it as laughable is telling.   http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/04/10/150349438/gops-rightward-shift-higher-polarization-fills-political-scientist-with-dread      
Yeah, how dare the workers not get fucked!?
You are having a perspective issue.  A person on a stationary train observes a stationary car as unmoving.  However, when that train begins to move rapidly to the right, the car appears to move to the left, despite that it actually has also begun to move at a medium pace to the right.  If the train's passenger lacks the cognitive ability to recognize that it is he who is in fact in a rapidly rightward moving train, the passenger will mistake the car's slower right...