or Connect

Posts by Urenstaat

Surfboy: No, no, no.. I've been using those websites for years. This application is in essence very different because it uses the iPhone's GPS-function. Just open the application and it finds the nearest station AND the timetable. No need to type the name of the station. This app is all about integrating the GPS-function, which makes it so brilliant. And you can't use this app offline because how are you going to show the delays and disruptions? You need to be online. I'm...
No.
True, but Apple is a software company first, according to Steve Jobs a couple of years ago, and needs a cheap computer to draw people into OS X. That's why the Mac mini is so brilliant. Most switchers have a screen and keyboard laying around... That also why Apple needs a sub 1000 dollar notebook. To get people hooked on OS X. If it wasn't for this, there wouldn't be a Mac mini or an entry level MacBook..Of course, lately the iPhone also drew people into OS X, so I...
"I wasn't alive then, but from everything I've heard, Babe Ruth only had one home run. He just kept hitting it over and over again." Well, this seems to be the key to Apple's recent success. Make one high valued product, make it desirable so people pay a premium price over it and make billions.. It works. But it only works because the Apple brand is hot at the moment. It's a win-win for both consumers and Apple. Consumers get the cool gadgets, Apple makes (a lot of)...
I played around with the new MacBook Pro and the 17-inch MacBook Pro in an Apple Store and had the same experience: the glare put me off, especially when there was a lot of black on the screen, like a dark photo. And all the time I looked right into the reflection of the ceiling lights! The 17-inch matte screen looked perfect from any angle. I went home and ordered a brand new old model 15-inch MacBook Pro. Sorry, no glossy screen for me. I'll wait what Apple has in store...
Mmm.. just thinking about the new MacBook's EPEAT Gold status. How environmental-friendly is it when you have to ditch your Firewire-only external harddisks and buy new usb-harddisks?
Apple can easily solve this crisis by producing a 13-inch MacBook Pro. Include FW800 (backwards compatible with FW400) and an ExpressCardslot. Make it 100 dollars more expensive. It will be an awesome machine and will attract a loyal following. I know, I still own a 12-inch Powerbook G4. I just upgraded to an new old model 15-inch MacBook pro due to the glossy screen issue ... To the people who are saying that all pro's should just buy the 15-inch: some pro's do need...