or Connect

Posts by aaronsullivan

Too bad it's so far away from shipping because this is the perfect compliment to Apple Pay while the stores catch up to support it. I don't think the Photo ID on that display will keep me from having to carry my driver's license but depending on how easy the process is for adding cards to the app, this could mean I have my phone, driver's license, and this card and that's it. A nice case with just enough room for 2 or 3 cards and now I have everything I need. Very...
All I really want is more flexibility in the subscription model. At the introductory rate I was feeling like it was a great value, but now that it ended I'm paying for way too much that I barely use.   I'm down to two essential apps: Photoshop and Illustrator and I'd like to get that at a better rate. I'm sure others have two completely different apps they need. I'd just like a middle ground somewhere.  Saving $10 to $15 or even just $5 is huge when you are talking...
I want to say "coooool!". And good for them for pulling this much off, but in reality, I just want Apple to make an awesome drawing iPad. :/ Give me precision, Apple, even if it has to be in an iPad "Pro".
My only hope is that if there is an iPad Pro that it will finally include real stylus support. Hopefully something best of class. Not sure there's much practical benefit to a 4k screen even at 12.9 inches. What interests me even more than the hardware is that Apple wouldn't attempt an iPad Pro unless there was some software to push it into a big draw to some crowd. Some sort of content creation is going to be getting a boost on tablets if/when this thing is released by...
It would be a good direction to take and I wouldn't count it out. In the mean time, it's there already in a small way using software instruments with the arpeggiator button.Obviously very limited compared to the drummer but still a quick and dirty solution in some situations.
The whole article I'm just thinking how massive a jump it will be for the iPad mini even if it isn't clocked as high. Totally different experience going from the iPad 2 to the iPad 3 where the Retina display caused it to be larger, heavier, and basically the same speed even though it came a year later. The iPad looks to be very slightly bulkier but a huge jump in display AND speed.Must have been the plan back when the iPad mini was designed.So, those of us in the know and...
This is a remarkably restrained article from Apple insider. I'm thinking the RT doesn't have much of a future, but the Surface Pro 2 is enticing if only for the stylus support... or maybe the one from Wacom. For some who want to use these pads for art, it's frustrating that Apple hasn't given us a solid choice yet. Maybe the iPad "Air" is opening up a category that is "Pro" and with it will come a durability, an optional larger screen, and an amazing stylus experience....
I want this immediately. Why don't we have this already? As an instructor I wish my students all had it. My wife is a teacher and it would help. I'm always wondering if I should call or message people. In addition, parents need a way to ring through (with a potentially urgent and louder ring) for emergencies and "You're in deep trouble" moments.   Sooner the better on this one.
Nice article! Frankly, very restrained and thorough compared to previous articles at this site which have contained embarrassingly empty cheerleading, blind propaganda and name calling.
Yes, they did. I have hope and expectation that Apple will do something awesome in the TV industry space, just trying to get my head around the first step they'll take. There are significant differences in the industries along with the similarities. A big difference is that the big industries have already seen the transformative power that a device like the iPod and iPhone can bring and everyone is much more cautious of letting someone else hold the...