or Connect

Posts by aaronsullivan

Hey, I'm not a hater on Pixelmator, but the reason there are 100 Photoshop UI crimes for every fault in Pixelmator is because Photoshop has 100x as many features. They aren't all that comparable if you need the flexibility of Photoshop. If you DON'T however, Pixelmator is a great deal.
This piece glosses over many important details and counter-arguments to make its point. The article itself has its own sort of "flawgic". Too bad, too, because some of the information deserves repeating and understanding. I will say that people at Apple display an almost-tangible passion for the products and user-experience they create. That passion has served both Apple and its fans well for a long time and I don't see it in many other tech companies.
I don't want to sound argumentative but the niche products are probably the high-end ones. Judging from Amazon review numbers for instance, Bamboo tablets have close to 10 times as many reviews as any of the Intuos tablets. The volume sales likely come from the consumer devices (I'm guessing most profit comes from the high end). Drawing is a skill used non-professionally in many areas: Note taking, planning, story boarding,  personal hobby, etc. All of those uses benefit...
They have played in the consumer space for years. Bamboo products and the 12wx were definitely geared towards consumers and prosumers, and even the Intuos find a nice middle ground. Seems like those lines are still going strong, though the 12wx always seemed like a failure. I was DYING to get my hands on a cintiq and when they finally released the $1000 one it was pretty substandard. This looks SO much better to me. Can't wait to see reviews. Also can't wait to see what...
Looks like a big improvement over the 12wx for roughly the same price. Very nice.
The key is to unhinge the scheduled broadcast beast shackles and let programming free to go to who wants it when they want it at a price that makes everyone happy. The interface is just icing. This is why it has been so difficult. What it needs to be: Some combination of cloud storage, cable agreements, individual studio deals, partnerships and interface glue that puts all decisions out of mind besides "I want to watch this show I heard about right now and then watch my...
Tim Cook is taking the billions and doing some pretty substantially forward thinking stuff. I'm sure much of this was in the works before Steve left, but Tim is going strong with it and I'm impressed. Now I'm waiting to see who can reignite the feeling of awe and excitement at events because Tim's not it. Who will I actually believe when that person says a new project is "revolutionary" or "magical". Might never happen, I guess, but it would be fun. I wonder if they'll...
Hope the TouchArcade app isn't affected. It's a fantastic App. It doesn't really feel like a store, though, in general, but its primary purpose is gaming app discovery.
Hope it's legit, because I love the changes. I especially hope the rear facing mic makes the final cut, because sound in video recordings is a major drawback on the iPhone. A bit longer battery life or more storage would be a nice use of the extra room. The beveled metal edge is a nice touch, and hopefully the grip is still solid (and less soap-like as some other phones are). To those who want the bezel to go away, one-handed use of the thumb for touching gets my big...
Sure, it's subjective, but if you put it in sentences like "a handful of kids died in a school bus accident" it amplifies how the inaccuracy of the word seems disrespectful. The connotation can be that the number doesn't matter, it was a small and insignificant amount of kids that died on the school bus. It just rubbed me the wrong way.   As I suggested in my post, my perception is that Apple is working hard to be an example of excellence when it comes to responsibility...