or Connect

Posts by aaronsullivan

Sound noticeably better to me just with casual use.
Have some dignity and change this phrase: "a handful of suicides" Handfuls are for trivial things like food and change, not people's lives -- no matter how much you don't seem to value them because it makes your favorite company look bad.   Hopefully, conditions were already being worked on in that plant. I do feel that Apple has been doing more than due diligence as they are having a widespread influence on those who work for them in these factories. You can argue...
"A peek into a Google staff meeting."   I'ts Amazon not Google. Which is telling. Amazon is truly trying to create its own experience and product with the kindle and Android is only for the shoulders to stand on.   The next Kindle Fire release is going to be a nice discussion in the current inch tablet shuffle that is going on. Nexus vs. iPad 8 inch vs. Kindle Fire revamp not to mention the Surface.
It's faster and easier to use the built in GUI elements for basic apps, but custom interfaces are prevalent and Apple accepts them just fine.
It will be native. It will use Metro interface which has already been tested and explored for Windows 8 tablets for a significant amount of time so going native app on the iPad has many problems already solved.   Microsoft is waiting for Windows 8 tablets to have a head start with Office as their killer app. Many, MANY people are interested in this. Microsoft Office documents are still standard exchange formats for most businesses. If someone uses their tablet at...
This talk about the tech being around for x years doesn't mean much does it. All the basic tech for an iPad has been around for over a decade but the refinement of the idea and the tech and the utility, not to mention the focus of the software all came together to make a highly desirable device. Its not much of a stretch to imagine that someone can still take these haptic feedback technologies and make something much more useful and desirable than has been previously...
Wait, what? You are completely ignoring the SIZE of the devices. When developing for the iPad I'm developing buttons and UI locations based on how far thumbs are from the edge of the screen and how far a reach it is between common tasks. The size of the buttons would be incredibly small if you took most iPad apps and shrunk them down to the size of a phone screen. Just imagine how tiny the iPad keyboard keys would be is using the same image but on a phone sized...
Interesting how Apple has sort of inverted the issue since the iPad 2 launch. There was no pre-order for the iPad 2 that got you a device on the launch day. So... GIANT lines at all the stores and very long waits. This time, pre-order was available right after announcement with the promise of delivery on launch day and the shipping infrastructure can't quite handle it, yet the lines at stores were shorter, and you can just go pick one up. Not sure how to find a middle...
Oh no! The new screen makes me see jagged pixels on every other screen in my house. Stood in line. I enjoyed it. Line was much shorter than iPad 2. I had forgotten that the iPad 2 launch didn't have preorders, so that explains it for me. Also, the early hours. I stood in line for much longer last year. I suspect people will be able to pick up the midrange and low range models any time today at many locations, maybe even into the weekend a bit. I'm not getting a new one...
Agreed. I recently wired up my home, and the wifi stuff works way better, not just the wired stuff. I'll be getting a second Apple TV because we just replaced an old projector and set up a home theater again with a 110" screen. It will make a difference. I have to say, though, that blu-ray players are starting to really eclipse it in terms of features that we use. If it wasn't for airplay, I might be skipping it. But who am I kidding. It's $100, we use it daily and when...