or Connect

Posts by aaronsullivan

Agreed. I recently wired up my home, and the wifi stuff works way better, not just the wired stuff. I'll be getting a second Apple TV because we just replaced an old projector and set up a home theater again with a 110" screen. It will make a difference. I have to say, though, that blu-ray players are starting to really eclipse it in terms of features that we use. If it wasn't for airplay, I might be skipping it. But who am I kidding. It's $100, we use it daily and when...
Really not close to what I was thinking of and I have tried those options. I just want a big screen iPad with all the interface scaled to fingertip size when I lay down my iMac. Requires many things to change at once unfortunately, so I'll just have to wait for the slow change. Nice of you to try and help out though.
On the topic of LARGE iPads that has been brought up. I LOVE messing with iPhoto on the iPad now. Fixing photos, making journals. Better than the desktop experience and more convenient because sometimes you want to fix photos near the event where you took them. Still, as I'm using this multitouch input that is slowly evolving into something really useful, I just want to get an iMac that let's me turn it down to a 45 degree angle, rest my arms on it and let me use iPad...
You were responding to my camera iPad thing and I'd say a smaller device that 7.85 would probably match that idea better. In the end, I think there's room for a larger iPod or smaller iPad and Apple just needs to find the BEST reason for it to exist so it can work out the details. IF there is a 7.85" iPad coming to market, it certainly won't be marketed as a response to the Kindle Fire. It will be marketed towards some other well-planned purpose.
I'm with Minnesota on this one. A smaller iPad just needs a solid use case for Apple to push it. At 7.85 I'd gather most of the iPad interface elements are large enough, though it is true that the web experience would certainly be diminished, requiring much more zooming and feeling a bit more like the iPhone/touch experience. However, put a solid 4S-style camera lens system on there (or better), maybe make the larger bezel on one side only and grippy(?). Make the...
Actually, sales estimations are often augmented by spot checks and many other indicators and are usually more like estimations than thin-air-guesses than other things analysts talk about like details of product launches or future industry trends.
I never do this, but I'm having fun because I'm 99% sure I know a secret related to this announcement -- surprised it hasn't leaked, honestly. Won't be able to prove it after the fact if I don't spill the beans though. *sigh*. The part I know doesn't tell the whole story at all anyway, and I'm curious to see how far Apple goes with it. I guess I could say that before any announcement for any company. Oh well.
Hiro wins. Big time. Just saying. I love how Tim Cook has been lowering costs. It's something Apple was never previously able to do with all its previous hardware production and always left Apple with a big disadvantage compared to the competing hardware that was made in such huge numbers. By decreasing costs and carefully selecting the higher price ranged options in their hardware the profit has been through the roof. If there is a need to compete more closely on...
@Tallest Skil Well, for one, Numbers can't rotate text in a cell to make narrow columns with regular size labels easy to read. For another, Numbers has no Pivot Tables. Oh, and very few people have Numbers in the business world (guessing) so the nice advantages that Numbers gives you like arbitrary spacing and number of tables, don't translate well to people you'd be sharing with. There's a ton of stuff that Pages and Numbers introduced like live updating and an...
I mostly agree with this.Another poster made a good point about the finger filing thing. Siri could be the magic excuse that makes it work. The biggest problem is the interface. I wonder how bad an iPhone style interface would be at retina display resolution on a 7 inch screen. Buttons might seem gigantic, but it should still look pretty good. Maybe the 5 inch iPod touch would be more useful. Seems like a good middle ground could be found. On the other hand, I'm glad I can...