or Connect

Posts by aaronsullivan

I mostly agree with this.Another poster made a good point about the finger filing thing. Siri could be the magic excuse that makes it work. The biggest problem is the interface. I wonder how bad an iPhone style interface would be at retina display resolution on a 7 inch screen. Buttons might seem gigantic, but it should still look pretty good. Maybe the 5 inch iPod touch would be more useful. Seems like a good middle ground could be found. On the other hand, I'm glad I can...
I have an iPad and an iPad 2 already, but if Apple can manage the Retina display on the iPad 3, I'm just going to have to buy it (and sell the original). Reading comfort would be improved so immensely and the quasi-physical experience of the interface would be strengthened. It would improve almost every use of the device except audio. If Apple can't make the Retina work, I'm not sure what features would entice me. Well, one feature which I don't expect anytime soon is a...
Ultraviolet is a great idea and I'm glad it's coming. (I can only give a to many of the posts in this thread: Inane blathering.) My frustration is that it will take a LONG time for Apple to step in line with it. I don't want to buy a blu-ray and then ALSO buy from Apple to get it streaming on my Apple devices. I have an Apple TV and I'd love for my blu-rays to also stream from UV to it. Don't see that happening soon. MAYBE it will help out disney, but that's...
The new name is MUCH better and appropriate, imo. It sounds definitive. Steve Jobs is the subject and the author was chosen and given much trust by Steve, so I think it's fitting that he's part of the title. Should prove to be a very interesting read.
I couldn't get into this article because the basic premise felt so illogical. Apple is hiring iCloud web service people, therefore Apple is dropping all their client facing web apps. How does that follow? Was there a story about firing their current web client developers that I missed?
Engadget is reporting that LG is going to have a similar announcement and that it will be about an entire range of screen sizes from tiny to TV sized and including 9.7 inch. iPad 3 will have either 3D or Retina as there are few other NEW features to be added. I'm hoping and betting on Retina. 3D has the issue of only being viewable at either portrait or landscape (not both) so that's a pretty big compromise for Apple. Retina has its own challenges --performance!-- but the...
Any improvement over MobileMe is welcome, but to really knock this out of the park it needs to be the official dropBox for iDevices and as others have hoped, a way to cut the tether. There should be a file pool locally stored on the device but always synced to other computers/devices on same account (like DropBox). This would make things so much easier for serious work on an iPad. Use a sweet iPad app to create an art or music asset, sit down at your computer and find it...
At the most basic level, this is Microsoft doing what Apple already did with MacOS X. Instead of building different OSs from different hardware it builds one core OS (Windows 8 or MacOS X) and then builds what is needed for the different user interfaces on top of that (Windows 8 tablet/phone or iOS). The benefit is that you aren't multiplying the work of maintaining the trickiest stuff (kernel, new hardware support) and can focus on the differences in UI and higher level...
Back when the iPad was first released I imagined it being used as an extension to desktop apps in a more meaningful way than has been done up until now. Adobe creating a Photoshop specifically for this type of interaction is awesome and something I expected from Apple in a more widely available fashion. Adobe beat Apple to the punch here. As for pricing, the "rental" thing is a fine alternative. There have been times where it could have helped me out. I don't use that...
I think the OP meant focused on games and gaming, something Apple isn't.