or Connect

Posts by aaronsullivan

Forcing prompts to rate an app you keep using, is still forcing a pop up right when you are trying to do something else. Minimizing that is a good idea. Maybe Apple should make an App that is all about feedback, rating and sharing things you like. Nintendo has a decent one in their Nintendo Channel for the Wii. It's novel to go and just check out how long you've spent time in any game, and then you're there, so why not rate it? That app could wait until you've used an App...
This is the first rejection I really disagree with Apple on. It is traditional for Apple to lead the way on its platform attempting to show the best ways for apps to run on their devices. To then punish someone for being consistent with Apple's shining example is detrimental to the platform. It just is. There may be some specific patent that is being breached here that would weaken their current litigation if they simply let it fly. I hope it's something technical like...
I can sympathize with the previous post about Wifi being obstructed by the case. I don't believe it is the cause at all, but I did experience the wifi issues twice. It was so bizarre and random when it happened. It didn't happen for me for the first two or three days at all and I haven't removed the case since the first day. He probably had it happen for the first time right after he put the case on and thought it was the cause. A good reminder that correlation does not...
It's very nice with few drawbacks. I never got a case of any kind for the iPod touch because the prices just never seemed unreasonable. So, when I went to pick up the iPad I felt like I'd been frugal long enough. I asked for the case. My designated retail person showed me all the cases even though I asked for the Apple one -- good for her! When I asked about the others she said the nice thing about the Apple case seems to be that it adds very little bulk. Anyway, I...
And yet, it would be so much nicer for us all if you'd have abandoned Apple and this forum before posting here. Seriously, though, see it from inside of Apple. The poor team that is going to release the laptops and desktops. How boring it must be to release another laptop upgrade while other teams are reshaping the computer industry. I bet they can't wait until things catch up in their space and they can innovate some form factors to facilitate multitouch screens as an...
@isaidsoThe rest of us just like to call that system "hands". You see yourself in a little box in the corner and make sure your face is in it, then you don't move it too much. If it drifts you adjust an inch or so. It's quite magical.Appleinsider is unusually cruel giving false hope about some secret thing on the device when it's quite clear from those that have review iPads and early shipments there is nothing "extra". April fools was yesterday, you know, not today.I...
XCode has come a long way since iPhone developers came on board. I've been noticing a lot of little tweaks in the last year (and even the latest beta) that are really making it compete nicely with the environments you mentioned. Hence the arguable statement makes sense to me, but only over the past two years.
So... no mention of reservations, unless I read too fast. Personally, I reserved mine for pick up. That way I get it earlier and get to have some fun. If you live near an Apple Store it really is the better option. I wonder what percentage is doing that instead and if they are trying to track it -- I don't think there's an easy way to do so. Anyway, I agree that this is a product most people will need to try first. I personally said that from day one. I was starting to...
Honestly, this makes a lot of sense to me and I think AppUp is a great little catchy name. "Are you gonna AppUp this netbook or what?". The average netbook user doesn't seek out apps online... at all -- many don't know what an app is, they do everything through the web. So, a nice hub to show them all the possibilities is great. You know there will be an AppStore for the tablet apps. BTW: "is vs. are" - I believe this is a difference in flavors of English. Some...
It would be more effective if the Droid WAS faster. It is not faster than the 3GS according to testing I've seen. It does multitask better... but, scientifically, isn't that a more feminine trait? har-har. Still, the Droid has a lot going for it. I'd say it's the first direct competitor to the iPhone. Android OS is set to take off. That's good for all of us as the two duke it out. For instance, as a result of Droid success -- and I don't know how Apple might pull...