or Connect

Posts by aaronsullivan

Well, if Apple's plan is continue the already-in-progress resolution independent UI, developers will AT LEAST need to get their hands on the tools for that asap. So, even if nothing else is mentioned about 10.7 that's a good candidate for WWDC 2010 (again, only IF Apple plans to push it in 10.7). In fact, it would be interesting if Apple is planning to unveil this type of UI for the Tablet, wouldn't it? Hmm... If you aren't aware of the resolution independent work...
++on the zoom feature. Love it and use it all the time. It's nice when you are sitting at an unusual distance away from the screen or trying to show someone across the room something on your screen. Ctrl-wheel is so easy that it becomes second nature after awhile. I do use it a bit less ever since the page zooming in Safari has gotten so good. (I also pine for the resolution independence AND I'd wager on it showing up as a major new feature for the next big cat.) As far...
Shake is/was a very nice tool. It had a good run as a super cheap top-of-the-line tool for those that could fit it into their pipeline. I still have hope for "Phenomenon", but it gets less and less likely. Unless Apple has something amazing it will be a hard market to crack. Motion is to Shake as GarageBand is to Logic Studio. Does that help in understanding the differences?
Unless you are talking about games development, most of that stuff hardly matters. Someone who knows how to program for the iPhone is now ready to easily transition to developing for Mac OS X computers. It's a major boon for Cocoa and Objective-C and ultimately Apple's OS platforms now and future. The rumored tablet, for instance, seems like it will be using another different flavor of Mac OS again, but you can bet that programs will be developed the same way. Just sayin'.
So... Appleinsider is now an official endorser of jailbreaking iPhones? This seems like an ad or a tribute, not an informational article. Not even a mention of any possible downsides, just "this guy is soooo cool and hip and awesome for jailbreaking and unlocking iPhones and talking trash!" I'm not usually that critical of this site, but this seems pretty irresponsible. I guess this is just a propaganda site now, anyway. I do like the rumors, but its getting...
The nice thing about going Cocoa right now is that the iPhone has brought at least a metric ton of developers to the platform via the iPhone. On top of this, Apple has invested heavily in optimizing Cocoa in ways that only coding for an underpowered tiny device can force one to do. This should translate directly into some pretty nice side effects in this new OS. It seems like very good timing, and the brave decision to take that performance and foundational leap as soon...