or Connect

Posts by lightstriker

Where does Apple and IBM compete? IBM lost PC business long long long ago and the Thinkpad and Deskstar line were sold to Asia. Apple has no traction with Xserve, they just fire the VP in charge of Xserve(recent AI article somewhere). Unless IBM can prove this is a cover for Xserve, how is Papermaster gonna feed his family in this economic turn down.
No that is not true. Apple's main goal since 1984 is better interface function. OSX 's interface has improved greatly, such as Expose, Quicklook, Stacks, Timemachine. Macs start-up a lot faster than my wintel box. iPhone's multi-touch is the best interface function for any small gadgets. The clickwheel is the best Mp3 interface. Form over Fuction is DOS with a Vista eyecandy.
there is no "class" in class action suits. it should be renamed "mercenary law sue". This is "among several customers", not thousands, not hundreds. Just several.
Why is Apple is making so many mistakes in the last 6 months? First, the biggest blunder is the MobileMe mess, then the SDK controversy, now the Air delay. these are mostly technical mistakes than business mistakes. Yes, the App Store and iPhone are huge successes, but Apple had not had so many problems in such a short time in the 8 years since Jobs took over. Is it growing pains? Is it too much control? What's going on? What do you all think?
the latest A.Insider articles indicate the Mini is preferred for the server markets than Xserve is hilarious. Talk about unintented consequences...
Psystar has no anti-competitive case. Cant they get a lawyer smart enough to understand the definition of monopoly? Once that's defined the judge has to throw out the case. Apple does not have a monopoly on OSX. Amiga, Inc does not have a monopoly on AmigaOS Sun does not have a monopoly on Solaris OS Be Inc does not have a monopoly on BeOS. Microsoft does not have a monopoly on Windows. MS doesn't have to license Windows to Psystar if they don't want to. Apple does not...
Nokia, Sony E. or Palm doesnt have to let Opera, IE, Camino or Safari on their systems either. Apple and iPhone doesn"t have a monoply on the smartphone or any phone market.
Its not immature its really good satire with some underlining wit. As oppose to... I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a PC...I am a...
Why is the definition of monopoly so hard to understand? Every site i go there is always someone who thinks Apple has a monopoly on OSX. Apple does not have a monopoly on OSX. Amiga, Inc does not have a monopoly on AmigaOS Sun does not have a monopoly on Solaris OS Be Inc does not have a monopoly on BeOS. Microsoft does not have a monopoly on Windows. MS doesn't have to license Windows to anyone if they don't want to. Apple does not have to license OSX to...