or Connect

Posts by dukee101

I've decided to buy the top-spec 2.6 Ghz i7 Mac Mini with stock components everywhere else (4 GB RAM / 1 TB HDD). I paid Apple ~$1,000 for it, pretty good for a machine that eats 2008-2009 Mac Pros for lunch. Hah that feels cool to say!   I decided that Fusion Drive just isn't worth it. I already have a Crucial M4 512 GB SSD I bought for a miraculous $350 back in June '12 (one of the few electronics purchases I've made where the price actually went UP after I bought...
Looking for a powerful desktop Mac. Already have a Thunderbolt Display (TBD) but will gladly sell it and use the money toward the 2012 iMac (and its gorgeous display).   Mac Mini (Late 2012) 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core 16 GB RAM 1 TB Fusion Drive (or custom 512 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0 setup) Intel HD Graphics 4000 Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display (already purchased/not part of final price below) ~12,800 GeekBench Score --- $1,300 (with education discount +...
...because sometimes you have the same folders across different computers and drives and you need to merge them, etc... the situation definitely arises. don't act like it's some heinous thing users never need to do.
i purchased the iSkin SOHO after no body helped me out with a similar post on these forums. i have a new late-2008 MBP and wanted something that was stylish yet protective and compact. the SOHO is a bit bulkier than i thought. but the faux-leather feels exactly as i thought it would and it's great. it's also really pricey for what you get. as far as protection, i think it's great. it's EXTREMELY form fitting and fits very tightly. (other sleeves are sort of loose with the...
Does anyone else feel like WinXP makes certain file management tasks easier? I live in dual mac-pc world and I'm slowly migrating to mac-only but will definitely run windows in a VM as well. i never understood why certain functions were so crippled on os x? the OS is so stable and well-polished but there are definiteyl gains to be made as far as usability is concerned. the "Finder" needs to learn a thing or two from the windows "Explorer." for example: let's create...
This thread is a fantastic example of how people don't use their optical drives anymore (granted they are all MB-Air users, many lament the fact that they bought an external drive because it was a waste of money because they never used it): http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...20#post6480620
I went to the campus computer store today to check out the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros. After reading practically every review out there, I was expecting to find a glaring, overly-reflective glossy screen, and an extremeley annoying buttonless track-pad. Instead what I found was a TOP-NOTCH display (for the MBP) that had SOME glare but was TOTALLY usable and did look great (for consumers but maybe not photoeditors who demand amazing color accuracy). The track-pad felt...
This is certainly something to consider. There's no guarantee a progressive company like Apple would turn around and give back more ports. They could very well just making things thinner. But still, the point is, there's SOMETHING to gain from this regardless. The problem seems to be two-fold: -Manufacturing Constraints ... can the new aluminum machining process accommodate modular parts (if they opt for a modular system instead of permanently installing more ports or...
I just ordered a new unibody 15.4" MBP and I'm in the market for a good sleeve for it. I'm down to the Incase model and the iSkin model. Here are the links for reference: Incase: http://www.goincase.com/products/det...sleeve-cl57078 iSkin SoHo: http://www.iskin.com/soho/index.tpl?...22459299133271 If anybody has any better suggestions besides these two, feel free to share! Money doesn't really matter. What I'm looking for is something sleek, snug, black in...
I was JUST about to say this! It's not that I'm advocating the complete removal of optical drives from our computing lives entirely. I'm merely saying that why should we be forced to lug around that thing when some (and I suspect many) rarely use it?The optical drive can be offered at a low price or even shipped with the MacBook. All of you who have said you use the thing for ripping, etc... You're trying to tell me that you NEED to RIP music and DVD's on the ROAD!? You...