or Connect

Posts by OriginalG

Awesome resolution on the Nexus 10, but I sure hope it's not pentile garbage.   The Nexus 4....no LTE, no removable battery (Android users care), no SD slot (again, comparing against other androids). but $349 unlocked! that is cheap (maybe in other ways too =P). Samsung and other OEMs must be upset at this pricing, then again all Nexus pricing looks to be screwing over their own partners at the cost of fighting Apple.
  Apple analysts worried about Samsung, Samsung analysts worried about Apple. Both companies bring in billions while growing their profits substantially in a downturn market. Sure enough both stocks fall. In three months from now, one of these two will be more of a winner than the other (hoping it's Apple), but both will be winners regardless...and the Wall St. punishment cycle will continue
Refurb prices on the iPad 3 are now $379!    I'm also betting on another refresh in 6 months so they can keep the product cycle the same as it was before. They should have events all year round to keep the Apple machine going
No, not sarcasm. I'll agree that traditional (non-tech) business strive for that margin, but in tech, this is insanely high. Look at Dell or HP, their margins are half of what Apple's are. Along with super-high expectations for growth, Apple is always under the gun and doesn't get the same treatment as other companies.    This is sarcasm: Apple should have a P/E like Amazon's. haha
In a way it's a shame. Samsung makes really good LCD panels. But in time I think the competition will catch up, especially with piles of cash from Apple paid upfront. Samsung keep pushing their crappy Pentile displays in the meantime which are currently vastly inferior IMO. All of this sounds to me that the settlement or licensing discussions didn't get too far and they were way apart. Hopefully Apple will turn up the heat and crank out killer phones generations more...
Expecting a 42-43% margin. That's ridiculous.
They are running a promotion until January where you can buy Win8 pro for $70. After that, it'll be $200. At this price, I'm thinking about trying it out for my old WinXP machine that I haven't touched in a year after getting an mac mini. Of course sales are going to be heavy at this price.  
Well Andy, it went below $615 unlike you expected. Not holding it against you, because of all of the bad tech news recently. With 30min of trading left, I'm debating how much I should dump in today.........  
I'm mainly looking for the availability date. Been waiting for a device smaller than an iPad, bigger than a touch for my parents to use while traveling. Hoping for a release by the 26th!  
I have a galaxy nexus and I didn't get an update for Jelly Bean until last month. MONTHS after it was released and I have a Nexus!! You know why? because a Canadian nexus isn't a real nexus, the update comes from Samsung, not Google. How long will I have to wait for KLP?   An on my 4S? I can install iOS6 the very same day it was released.