or Connect

Posts by OriginalG

I hope this is the reason why. If so, Apple is going out of it's way to make sure that not only will the iPhone itself be enviro and labour friendly, but associated accessories too. Now this is raising the bar to a new level.   There is a bit of me concerned that it is all for profit....
I don't see how they can charge more for a product that has less features 'as-leaked'. You're saying people would pay a $50+ premium over a base new iPad, or a few hundred over a base iPad 2 just for form-factor?
  You could be sad that he's gone and still think he was wrong about something. But like I said, even without momentum, it's certainly possible.
  For this product, they possibly could have done it within a year, especially if there was momentum within Apple and Jobs was the major no factor. Google said the Nexus 7 was conceived and put into the market in four months. Jobs could have also changed his mind, but at least he isn't the one releasing it. I would have loved to see him do it though, that would have been quite a show. We'd be all subject to the Reality Distortion Field despite knowing of its presence and...
  They need to show off the revolutionary sandpaper that will be included with this product including a Jony Ive artsy-designer video, or explain why it doesn't include sandpaper.   /s   This is in a way one of the first (possible) products that goes against something Jobs publicly passionately didn't like. By bringing it to market, Tim is saying they're willing to go in new directions where they wouldn't before. (You could count the larger iPhone screen, but they...
Ok, flame suit is on:   Please allow the LTE version to be able to make calls like a phone (not Skype, etc). Make it a true and the best "Phablet".  
I hope Tim makes a reference to sandpaper just for the jokes
  Personally, I don't think it'll head there. Apple has shown how custom software and hardware can work together to be extremely power efficient. On the Android side of things, the manufacturers skin Android to differentiate and hopefully win your money for the next phone you buy as well so you always buy their flavour of Android. 
    First, I'd say I generally like Apple's offerings more than Google's, but I'm not tied to any one brand/ecosystem.   The Nexus brand means nothing to me anymore due to bad user experience. I waited and bought a Galaxy Nexus because it was a "Nexus", with all of the promises from Google. Google announces Jelly Bean saying it's available immediately, and I don't get it for months. Why? Because my Canadian build is 'special' with different firmware so it gets updated by...
  Hi! For competitors yes, but not for consumers buying Apple products. I'm saying Apple's advertisements always say "starting at...." if they only have one iPad model that will be one price, it will be higher than the current price of a 16GB iPad while keeping their margins.