or Connect

Posts by mitchell_pgh

I do wonder how useful the retina display will be for current video projects.
      Tablet PC v.2?
Well, Apple does like to recycle I think you are spot on. If one of the cores come out with issues, they could simply disable it and throw it in this device.
That seems like an odd comment. Both segments are profitable (Mac and iPhone) and doing the best they ever have. "Boat anchor" usually references a segment that is holding an organization back. That simply isn't true with the Mac. Also, should it be any surprise that a $100-$300 device is outpacing a $999-$3,000+ computer? Apples and Oranges
It's only been ~7 months since FCPX was released. I would be surprised if any true pro moved to a new platform in such a short amount of time. We could argue that Apple's abrupt transition may have caused many to explore alternatives, but most pros think in 2-4 year time frames.
To be fair, it is clear that Apple and Google are the two dominant mobile phone players... and Microsoft is doing everything they can to also be relevant. Between those three, outside of the niche, I don't see a big need for a fourth option. I'm not saying there shouldn't be other options, but if I were a company, I wouldn't buy WebOS as a strategy for rapid growth.
That's the first thing I thought of. Apple TV will get applications... how revolutionary will they be? Who knows... but I can see the Apple TV being an absolute Trojan horse. If the Apple TV had "cool apps," did Netflix, and streamed movies... it would replace much of my PS3 needs.
I would rather see Apple take an iPod Touch/iPhone take on the Apple TV first. The Apple TV is a cool device, but if it had a full blown app store, I think it would COULD do amazing things. Perhaps Apple is planning on releasing the two together? The thing is, they need to leverage the creativity of programmers, amateurs and professional, to revolutionize that industry. So far, I haven't seen anything jaw dropping since Tivo, and I don't use Tivo.
Wait, are you comparing the purchase of a house to a subscription licence for software? At the end of 30 years, you own the house... at the end of 30 years with the Adobe licensing plan, you own nothing. At least with the traditional method of buying a license, you can still use your old version of the software. With the subscription method... it disappears. In my mind, Adobe is INCREASING the price of the software AND adding a kill switch. If they were selling it for $50...
I'm now of the opinion that Apple should offer it as an option. If I were a student, I could see an advantage to of having a blu-ray player in the dorm, and that's just one example. It may not be for everyone, but some people would welcome the option.