or Connect

Posts by mitchell_pgh

I want you to take a LONG hard look at this graph:...and remember, the iPhone only has ONE carrier.Multitasking is NOT holding the iPhone back, being chained to AT&T is. It's that simple.Android has a demographic of ~258.2 million people to pool from. The iPhone has ~85.1 million potential users. Oh, and remember... the iPod Touch (which is more popular than the iPhone, also uses the same OS. I don't see millions of users rushing out to buy Android enable music...
They drive me crazy... the iPod wasn't perfect, but Apple continued to refine the idea, over and over. Microsoft seems obsessed with cleaning the slate every few years.
To be fair, this makes perfect sense and really isn't all that surprising. I'm guessing that the app store developer interest hit a plateau a long time ago. The iPhone, as great as it is, has a number of basic limitations. You simply can't get around the screen size. I've seen a number of very innovative work arounds, but the fact is, it has had a fixed screen resolution since day one. Now that that core component has changed, I'm not surprised that many other groups...
All AT&T would need to say is "We have signed on for anther 2 years with Apple and the iPhone." and I would go out and buy the newest iPhone to replace my iPhone 3G (that has seen better days). I wanted to see if there would be a Verizon jump, but to be honest, I never loved Verizon when I had them.
Dear Apple, I'm very happy to see that you are scheduled to use a very capable 6 core i7 in the upcoming Mac Pro. It is a true testament to your engineering capabilities. That said, where is the headless iMac that we have been asking for? Seriously, many aspiring pros can't afford the $2,499 entry point on the lowest end Mac Pro. What happened to the days where I could pick up a Power Mac (yes, they were Power Macs back then) for $1799 or even $1499? Oh well... I...
Apple should remember that Adobe basically saved Apple a number of years back. If Adobe would have abandoned the MacOS during the dark days of Apple, we would all be using Windows (or some Linux for many of us) today. >>Shivers<<
This media component (books, magazines, newspapers, etc.) could be an amazing feature, but if the device is $1000, I'm not carrying it around with me like I would a $300 device. I'm sorry, but I feel uncomfortable walking around with my iPhone at times. I hate for Apple to create anything underpowered (not that they would admit it) but price is going to be a big sticking point for me. There must be some other "wow" component to all of this. An example would be... if I...
I think the slate PC idea is interesting, but the thing looks like a large iPhone running Windows XP. Apple is sure to trump this device in the near future, but Apple's device will cost 2x as much and have at least one gotcha. Apple has had a number of "ugh" moments over the years. The MacBook Air is the most recent one that comes to mind. Amazing piece of hardware, but the price really hurt it in the beginning. Perhaps I'm getting cheap as the years pass, but some...
Knowing Verizon, they don't just want the phone with a minimal subsidy and a cut of the revenue stream... they want to load some of their own code on the device. I remember when I had a great Motorola phone that they crippled so that I could use Verizon's "advanced features." I hope the two figure something out... more options always helps the consumer.
There are a few things that will make or break this device. 1) Will it run a full version of OS X, iPhone/iPod Touch OS or a hybrid. I can see advantages to all of them, but for my use, an iPhone/iPod Touch only only would be rather limited. But who knows. 2) Price If it is an amazing piece of hardware, but the price is $1799 (like the MacBook Air was when it came out), it will have a very slow adoption rate regardless of how amazing it is. I would love to see a...