or Connect

Posts by cwingrav

They're waiting for Apple to do it first, then making a form just like it, but not quite as good.
I'm pretty sure that IS an Apple laptop. Did you get your links wrong?
  Careful, this is not Big Brother.   Big Brother is the generation of that metadata and the centralization of access to it for a 3rd party, usually a government organization. Just identifying data for you, i.e. not another consumer of that data, is just handy. So long as that data is not being shared and used without your permission, there should be no problem.   Apple so far has tried quite hard to limit personal data sharing and exploits, especially in contrast to...
Few have had your type of impact on the world. Thanks. For my Mac. For Pixar. For my Phone. For Apple.
Ok, I just read the entire article. Very different from my comments here (and the writeup). Very Buxton sounding. Very insightful. Not sounding like Buxton is taking over MS. Too bad, I wish he had more interest in that.
Buxton is one of the well respected people at MS. With such an article, I wonder if he's trying to increase his profile still higher and head towards management? Or, at least assume more control, laying out a direction for such a leadership position at MS, with him taking that spot. It would be interesting... and welcome. I welcome better MS products, especially Word for Mac! He's a great speaker by the way if people can catch his talks and keynotes.
My thoughts exactly. While I like Apple and my iPhone, this article seems to be having a lot of fun with statistics. So, basically, Android's percent in the marketplace is growing faster than Apple's but Apple is accelerating so it might overtake it... if we extrapolate. Extrapolations have their own issues. So, interesting to see, but not quite what the article seems to imply.
Um. This is normal people. Apple isn't evil. People aren't starving. Companies expect manufacturers to increase yield and find other cost savings over the life of a parts contract so they build in reductions to part costs into their contracts. Despite this not being as true these days, as manufacturing processes are pretty efficient from the start, this has not changed the contractual process. Because of this, parts companies make money at the beginning and tend to...
One of the major features of the service is them setting up the email support. It's in the article. That might cover this issue pretty well.