or Connect

Posts by cwingrav

1) Installed SP2. 2) Opened three files in Word. 3) Word mixed the text and figures of the third file with the other two. And saved it. 4) 5) Check Mozy backup. 6) Realize Mozy's backup for some reason didn't back up the file for the past few months even though daily/weekly backups were made. 7) Thank the Lord that Apple makes Timemachine and restored file. Well, at least the SP2 makes Word open and scroll faster.
Pet peeve of mine... Communism is a form of government which chooses economic policies to achieve its philosophy. Capitalism is an economic system. Fascism is explicitly a mix of government and economics. China is an odd case since it is a communist government with an extreme form of capitalism but only in limited markets. Yes, I am aware it says Capitalism is a social system in Wikipedia. It is wrong.
It does seem snappier. If anything, that is worth the download right there. Hope its stable too.
Thank you Apple. I'd pay a lot of money to have a matte. As it is, I have a glare reducing film on my laptop. It isn't so much that the glossy is "distracting" but that it causes headaches and nausea. I can read the titles of book on the bookshelf behind my desk! I don't turn on my office light to keep the glare down. Thank you thank you thank you!
NOT APPLE BUILT, but using Apple machines. Big difference, especially to those that were involved in designing it and those volunteers that helped to build it.
Interesting because there was that recent rumor about Apple changing their store layouts. It makes sense that these are connected rumors. I.e. expand on the one-to-one and create more in-store space for it. Additionally, Apple wants to keep buyers in the store and not in the other authorized dealer's place. This is a good program to keep this going. I don't imagine they really want to have more people doing this training. They want a community and this is one heck of a...
You chide Wired yesterday and then you do the same thing today (no where near the same extent mind you). The exact "miles ahead" quote is, "...have the ability to position themselves miles ahead of the competition." Might want to update your title. Reading the story, on a 10 point scale, Apple got a 9 with two competitors getting 7's. Not really "miles ahead".
My Pages experience has been that it is the best word processor out there except for: * lack of bibliography support * lack of cross-reference support * co-authoring with non-iWork people presents problems If these three things are fixed, this product might finally be finished and I can use it. I've owned the versions before and kept hoping they'd improve Pages. Happy to see that they included something for equation writing. I always just included the eps files so it...
1) The glossy screen is beautiful... as I sit here in my dark office with the lights off and windows shades shut. I had no idea my walls were that white. Or that I can read the titles of my books on the bookshelf behind me by staring at my screen. Turning up the display brightness helps but then I have to turn on the room lights which requires more brightness. I miss my matte screen. People tell me i'll get used to this. There is a dripping faucet next to me. People tell...