or Connect

Posts by nikon133

Well... there is already available Safari browser on Windows, and Chrome should be very HTML5 friendly... and QuickTime is also available on Windows, right?I'd be surprised if this cannot be enabled to Windows 7 and 8.1 users, too. Even if there are requirements, like installing QT and specific browser.I don't know. I'm wondering if Apple is not considering if Windows 10 might increase Windows users' interest in Windows Phone and tablets, now with "same" platform, tighter...
I know. But I think it is primarily crisis of the platform that smartphones and tablets are taking advantage of, rather than smartphones and tablets creating that crisis on their own.Problem with portable consoles - the way I see it - is that, on one side, they cannot provide experience of desktop consoles (and gaming PC) - limited storage, weak hardware, small and low-res screens... and as gaming population gets older and older on average, carrying game console in the...
iPads are already on level of PS3 but games are still trailing behind, on average.Hardware power is just the beginning. Investment in software development is part of equation that isn't solved yet, imho. Exclusive developers for both Sony and MS are pampered, shoveled with money and relaxed in terms of deadlines. They are illiterately thoroughbred to be creators of each console showcases.GT5, for example, had around $60 million budget and it took 5 years to develop, if not...
I think that is fan art desktop wallpaper... Cortana's actual GUI is very minimalist, and definitely no pretty AI faces showing..?
GPU in X360 was more advanced. PS3 GPU had pixel-rate advantage, if memory serves... but most if not all advanced features were X360 side. PS3 did balance that with CELL SPUs which were capable of offloading GPU to some extend... but it required a lot of coding effort. The other thing was development platform vs. ported platform... having head-start, X360 was more often development platform, at least in early years... this trend changed later on and multiplatform games...
Well, DS is sitting on 154 million consoles sold, which is not bad for specialized device.People game on iPhone/Android because they have iPhone/Android. I really don't think that too many - if any - will purchase iPhone with gaming on their mind. Maybe if strong Nintendo franchises - not just historic but also current titles - start appearing on iOS, but otherwise, I'll be surprised to see this happening.Beside that, I'd not agree that Nintendo is the only one original...
There is Win10 driver for ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series on AMD web... but no luck for 4000 series...
Much as I can see, there's still "Never Check for Updates" option available. For corporate... once part of domain, you can always control behavior - updates included - through GP. All our customers on Win 7 and 8.1 are updating from local updates cache, for example, which is controlled by Kaseya monitoring and management software. This will continue with W10. Before Kaseya, we were using Microsoft's own WSUS service... same thing, pretty much. Instead of every machine...
You might be right... we'll see. MS is still quiet about actual SP3 numbers, beside selling much better than previous gens. However, this very article is saying that something is happening... I can see SP3 being part of it.NZ might be specific regarding iPads and Apple in general, as in - beside iPhone - other Apple products are not as popular as they are in US. Don't know. We did fair share of iPad setups until recently... so there's that. Again, it can be completely...
Well, not necessarily...I work for small IT company in NZ... we provide support and management for around 1000 seats, give or take. While we are not the only source of hardware for our customers, we are the only source for setting up devices, so we have reasonably good visibility on trending when it comes to devices.While iPhone and Android phones are quite equally represented among our customers, iPad was tablet of choice, while Androids were all but invisible. Well, that...