or Connect

Posts by nikon133

Well, Android has more share to grab from... but eventually, I don't think MS would be too choosy, as long as they are grabbing something. Anything!
Integration with apps is nice thing, presuming it works (or will work eventually) as advertised. According to a bit more detailed article in DailyTech.com, it will let people call someone from Skype (so it should be possible from Viber and other apps as long as developers upgrade them accordingly), open specific person's FB page... things like that. Don't know if I am going to use it, but sure as hell I'm going to play with it for a while.Re name... I'm Playstation person...
I wouldn't compare mail client with Office suite. Additionally... I believe existing Android mail clients already have full access to Hotmail/Outlook.com/Exchange... so by releasing mail client, MS is not really expanding Android's capabilities. With MS Office, however...
There's much more animosity between Google and MS than there is, or ever was, between Apple and MS.Google is attacking some of the market segments that Apple, due to their premium-segment focus, wasn't really interested in... or, at least, was interested in upgrading users rather than downgrading their products:Cheap everyday computing - Google CromeOS laptops vs. Windows laptopsCheap mobile devices - Android phones/tablets vs. WP8 phones and Windows 8 tabletsWorldwide...
Not necessarily Word. Could be Visio, Projects...Well... Apple products are designed in US, right? But when it comes to manufacturing plants in China, I'd be surprised to learn that they are using Mac Pros. Or any other Macs. Or even latest Microsoft Windows software/hardware. In fact, Windows XP kind of sounds about right.
Work on this must have started well into Balmer's time...
Why, that's the best way to learn them
He passionately hates everything MS related (or non-Apple related?). It's like Balmer road-killed his cat or something. Really interesting to observe.
They don't really have hardware, short of Surface tablets... Regarding their OEMs and concept of better hardware... isn't it really relative, down to one's individual needs?I will be in market for new laptop later this year, and until recently I had two candidates - MBP 13" Retina and ThinkPad Carbon X1 (new one). Here in New Zealand, X1 with same RAM/storage is actually quite a bit more expensive than MBP; I think it is around NZ$3,000 for i7-4600U CPU, 8GB of RAM and...
It is not really free. Without subscription, it is only a glorified document viewer.Subscription is licensing model MS is pushing hard nowadays across the whole (supported) market. Even in corporate volume licensing, MS is gunning for Office 365 or Open Level Subscription.For people who are upgrading to new versions of Office (or are paying Software Assurance through Open Value model), subscription should come with comparable price - maybe even a bit cheaper. In addition,...