or Connect

Posts by nikon133

That's normal - software cannot upgrade hardware in phone, and quite a few phones have only 512MB of RAM - that must limit some features. Back in the days, my iPhone 3Gs really only got speed downgrade with iOS6 - all of fancy features didn't transfer. The most pointless "upgrade" I have personally experienced so far. I'm not blaming 3Gs - it was already 4 years old at that time - but I do feel that Apple should of made iOS5 the last one applicable on 3Gs and call it a...
I'm finding some difficulties understanding how something that you would, or would not do, has to make any impact on Mr. Nadella. Beside that... I actually love my Win phone, and definitely warming up for Surface Pro 3. Not love yet, maybe, but in the air.
Their phones - especially recent ones - are good value for the money, too. The hardware is good for asking price, and OS is so much smoother than anything-Android, and runs well on very old and very limited hardware. In this case, their downfall is not in poor software and hardware, but late appearance to the scene and, subsequently, limited apps choice. It will be interesting to see if their Win 10 efforts with universal apps, continuum... will improve their position...
I was under impression that on these eInk readers, major power consumption comes from changing pages. Showing same page on screen is very easy on power. Most of my readers actually do show static image while sleep - apparently it doesn't make difference if it is blank screen or, say, a book cover. Considering that, their battery life should be described in number of pages one can turn, rather than reading time..?Back to the topic - 300dpi, I'd like to see how that looks on...
That pretty much describes it.
They usually are significantly higher, pesky prices. Australian government made a big fuss out of pricing disproportion and had some intimate chats with Adobe, Apple and Microsoft... not sure what came out of that. I live in New Zealand, unfortunately - from pricing perspective - and our government, well, let's say they had different priorities. Like making a deal to export some sheep and cattle to refresh Mexican livestock... lucky us.
I was under impression that Lightroom is still available at retail, but I don't know if it is digital download only or you can still get a boxed version. Acrobat is the only other application that can be purchased - others are subscription only, to my knowledge.That being said... for AU$10 a month there's cute little deal for photographers: Lightroom and PhotoShop. I had a chat with Adobe rep and apparently both apps can be installed on one desktop and one laptop/tablet....
Oh, god forbid. That would be complete Adobe Creative Suite, perhaps? Adobe Lightroom 6 should be around $140, give or take.
Yep... this first iteration is basically a proof of concept. It works, but it's limited. I'd expect limited hologram field of view is dictated by hardware and power requirements. It will take a few generations to get to the point where hardware will be able to cover (big part of) full field of view, while still maintaining usable battery life.As of usefulness of such device, that's completely different matter. New Kinect is quite advanced piece of hardware, but there still...
Honestly, I wouldn't know... just thinking out loud; no idea what patents' stable Rim has, and how important are they today. Back in the days, I do remember hearing story about things MS cannot do in Exchange because of (then) Blackberry patents, but never got details... so it might have been just a rumour.QNX does seem to be quite solid - and popular - product. How much would it be worth to MS, that's completely different story.Either way, there must be SOMETHING...